MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2010 08:48 PM

Superfoods for women

raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I keep hearing about these and finally decided to look them up. You all are probably already familiar with them but in case you're not:

Twice a week--wild Alaskan Salmon--why wild Alaskan? Because the deeper and colder their spawning grounds, the more Omega 3s.

Oatmeal

Brocolli

Wild Blueberries (very good in the oatmeal)

Walnuts

Avacado

Olive Oil

Thick greek style yogurt

red beans (why red?)

And that's all I can remember from the video I watched earlier.

I love all these foods so I don't understand why don't eat more of them LOL...

02/28/2010 09:06 PM
phire009
phire009  

eat everything pretty much except blueberries, Why? Allergic, and the thing is I absolutely love blueberries, never had allergies to them or any of other foods before got lupus and fibro now can't eat lots of foods I loved Ugggggghhhhh

03/01/2010 05:37 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I hear you , Rayne ~~~

I KNOW what is healthy for me and what is not, and if I like something that is good for me, why do I not eat more of it or eat it everyday ? LOL ~~~

The only thing on your list above that I cannot eat is yogurt ~~~ YUCK !!! I don t know why but just the thought makes me ill ... LOL !!! Hubby and daughter laugh because I eat OYSTERS (on the half shell) and many other ""oddities"" ~~~

Marilyn

03/01/2010 07:33 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Oh I love thick yogurt...can't stand the runny stuff though. I do eat most of those foods. I'm famous for my oatmeal dinners (yum, sounds good!) And I eat so much salmon that it's a wonder that I'm not turning orange. Can't stand it from restaurants though because its always farmed salmon. I come from a salmon Tribe and my body just screams for it so I have NO prob eating it twice a week LOL...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved