MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2012 02:54 PM

question about cleaning a clean house(page 2)

mem6526

dciree,

It is about respect. Tell your Boyfriend that a relationship is a partnership. You are not his Maid or his Servant. If the roles were reversed and he was not well then you would help him. He should do the same for you. Stand up for yourself. You should always be respected! Wink

05/19/2012 03:37 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Just don't fall in the trap of listening to his promises. Most abusers, when presented with ultimatum, cave in, agree they're abusive, and promise to change if you'll just stay around. Then in a week or a month, they'll do it again. When you start to walk, he'll apologize, say it was an isolated incident, he won't do it again. He promises that was the last time.

Until the next time.

You've given him the ultimatum. When he falls (as I'm 99.999% sure he will) stick to your guns and walk out. If you cave in, even for a second, he'll never believe anything you tell him again.

05/19/2012 05:46 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

what was said is so true.honey I never try to tell anyone about their relationship but you deserve love and not a battle.love is a give and take..people like your boyfriend take,and give when they are backed against the wall if you dont follow through with what you say then you have allowed him to treat you that way,doesnt mean you made him this way just allow it

05/19/2012 06:13 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Honey,

These women here have been through a lot in their lives, and believe me, they know what situation you are in. I agree that any man that would put you down for you being ill and not being able to do things perfectly is not a good man. Throwing dishes?? Really?? Because you didn't wash them good enough before putting them in the dishwasher?? There is something sooo wrong there. Please do not allow yourself to be verbally abused, and treated like you are lazy. Please get away from this person before you do get hurt. It can happen. Anybody with that type of temper can lose control and hurt you...With you being in the condition you are, there won't be much of a fight. Please find a safe place. We love you and care....you are part of our family....HUGSx100

05/19/2012 06:18 PM
FibroinNGA

I'm sorry sweetie - it's time for a new boyfriend instead of new dishes....

05/19/2012 08:17 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

I would have thrown those dishes right back at him, and said....here you wash them you dirty rat. Angry

05/19/2012 08:18 PM
mem6526

Julz, I would have too! W00t W00t

05/19/2012 08:22 PM
mem1318

ZIP, my mouth is closed. I'm not going to get into that. But everyone probably know just about what I would do.

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 05/19/2012 08:26 PM

05/19/2012 08:33 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

You gotta tell it like it is, riight RW - you know that! Even Angie knows.. When it comes to something like that with a guy or partner or whomever, that there's no time to mess around!!! And I mean every word I said.... Cool

Damn fool has no business throwing dishes ,,,,,,,at anybody... Angry

05/19/2012 08:48 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Kinda reminds me when I used to drive truck alone all over the US and Canada. People asked me, "aren't you afraid, being thousands of miles from home all by yourself?" My reply was "at 5'9" and 250 pounds, I'm more than most men want to mess with. And even if I did get in a fight, I might loose, but he's going to know he's been in one before I'm done!"

Someone throw dishes, I'm just as liable to throw 'em back. As momma used to say, he might make that mistake once, he won't make it again!

Hon, get out of there. Learn from our past mistakes. Get while the gettin's good. You are worth SO much more than that!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved