MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/25/2011 07:43 AM

Saturday June 25th!!

oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Good morning to you too Ann!! Good morning to everyone. Smile

I survived the last 3 days, though was wondering for awhile if I would. LOL Heating pad feels so good this morning.

Had a wonderful visit with my Bubba and SIL last evening. Just wish they could have stayed over, but had to keep moving up the line in order to see our other brother before heading home.

Sent 3 tomato plants home with them. They were getting so tall, they couldn't put them in the trunk so fit them in the back floorboards. Full bloom with baby maters starting. Smile

Gonna chill today and not do one thing other than the dreaded dishes. Laughing Oh, and read of course. yay, time to read!!! Oh, and watch Food Network this morning. Hope there are some new ones on.

06/25/2011 08:29 AM
PrincessButterfly

Feel better!! Sorry that you are in pain. Kissing

06/25/2011 09:17 AM
happycampc

Karen, glad you had a nice visit with Bubba and SIL! I have one small grape tomato plant that has 2 little tomatoes on it. Rest and relax today!

06/25/2011 10:04 AM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good morning girls~

Karen~Glad you had a nice visit with Bubba and sil and other brother. Yummy those tomato plants sound good to me. We don't have any this year. Hard to grow in a pot on an already crowded deck. We live in a comdo, so that does not leave much room. We tried growing them on our property next to the back of the unit and got our hands slapped because they are not pretty like a plant. I love tomatoes. I'm glad you are not doing anything but dishes today. Sounds like you are exhausted from yesterday. Feel better, sweets.

Princess~Hope you are having a good day today, and if nothing else, you can sit and enjoy the day, hopefully with no to low pains.

Ann~Good for you that you have two little tomatoes. Like I said to Karen, I love tomatoes, especially tomato sandwiches. It would be kind of hard to make one of those with smaller tomatoes, but I love those in my salad.

I am resting so far today. I ate pop corn last night and that is a no no for me, and man am I paying for it now. That is another of my favorites and I have diverticulitis and should not eat it, but once in awhile I try to push it. Well, this time I did not get by with it. I just had to have my yummy, big dummy!! lol I'm uffering the consequences today. Have to finish baskets for shower tomorrow and get my clothes and jewelry ready for tomorrow and then going to rest mostly too.

Say a little prayer for me please. I am going to be near a very toxic person in my life tomorrow at the shower. I hope I get the nerve up to let it roll off my shoulders. One of my counselors is working with me on that. : D She's doing a good job.

Have a good day all!!!!!!

06/25/2011 10:14 AM
PrincessButterfly

stillhopeful,

I am so sorry for your tummy pain.

Try if you can tomorrow to not allow the "toxic" person to get to you. I know that is easier said than done.

Try to not give him or her that power. Let it roll.....Consider the source!!! Wink

I hope that you feel better and that you are able to finish your baskets today.

Drink water and rest. Hang in there. Kissing

06/25/2011 09:00 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Thanks so much for the sweet words everyone. I was just telling Bear what a great group you were and how you were my family away from home! And then to come on and it just proved everything I said.

Christine, hope your tummy ache is gone by now. That stuff is nothing to fool around with. My mother had it and it caused her so much pain until she had to have surgery and have that section of her small intestine removed. It eventually ferforated her colon and had another surgery. Then no more pain, thankfully. Don't want to alarm you, as her case was not the average. Just want you to be careful for your sake is all.

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite! Smile

06/25/2011 09:11 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Princess and Karen~Thank you for your thougtfulness. It touches my heart when people are so kind to me. I will stay as far away as I can from the toxic person and let it roll off my shoulders if she should speak to me. I'm going to follow your advice and the advice of someone else, hold my chin up high, and pay no attention, no feeding into it or letting her have any info to feed into it.

Karen~I know you weren't trying to scare me, my fil had to have a section removed too, and I am going to have that done eventually because of ischemic bowel disease, it's just a matter of time, but I should listen to the doctor. I don't want it to happen any sooner that it will. Thanks for caring enough to write that to me, It's nice to know how you and everyone here care.

Love and Hugs~

Christine

06/26/2011 04:17 AM
PrincessButterfly

stillhopeful,

You are most welcome. I hope that the "Shower" goes well and that you are able to enjoy yourself.

Try to ignore the "toxic" person. Focus on the reason that you are there and do not allow him or her to ruin your beautiful day. Wink

Let us know how it goes and I hope that you have a low pain day. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved