MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/06/2009 04:12 PM

Anyone have a good Doctor in Washington State?

serenitynow09
serenitynow09  

I am seeeing doctor as my fibro came on after a serious auto accident, but I wonder if anyone else has a good doctor suggestion in Washington State? What specialty of doc do you find most of you are seeing that recognizes fibro? I have heard that women docs have been better than men...i did see one mean male doc, but i don't want to judge based on one bad experience.

Thanks much and keep on keepin' all of you fellow fibro-mighties!

~Serenitynow09

07/07/2009 01:25 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Sorry, I can't help with a doc in that area but I believe you can do a search in the search box. I have all male doctors and I actually prefer them over females. The kind of doctor that treats fibro is a rheumy. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Connie

07/10/2009 08:57 PM
suni19

I have a new Rheumatologist named Dr. Mark Layton. He works at the Arthritis Clinic in Olympia.

I am a new patient, only seen him a couple times but he really seems to listen. He does believe in Fibromyalgia and has several patients that he treats for it.

If you haven't tried him, you might give him a try. There is another doctor in with him, can't remember the name, but I believe he is male too.

Good luck with your search!! A good doctor can help so much!!

07/22/2009 03:10 PM
suni19

Well after a few more visits, I'm beginning to think that most doctors are all the same.

They just don't have much personality for the doctor/patient relationship.

I think I got spoiled by a couple of great doctors I had in Missouri.

This doctor is ok, if you need a Rheummy doctor, I would check him out. However, I do feel like he's "judging" me because of my weight problems. He thinks it should be very easy to lose weight. Not for me, it never has been!! Now if I could feel good enough that I could be up walking around and enjoying life a little better, maybe that would help in my fight.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved