MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2009 09:56 PM

from a new member

annegra

Hello,

I hope this is okay to ask. I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for a few years now and am doing significantly better than in the beginning. One of my greatest challenges has been supporting myself financially as I have no one I can depend on. I have worked part time but now I need to get more income and so I am looking for work to do from home. Has anybody here had any luck with this type of work?

I have experience as an English into Spanish translator, Spanish editor, writer, researcher and multicultural consultant. If anybody knows of anything or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Best, Annette

05/13/2009 08:27 AM
Auriel
Auriel  

Welcome to our family!Tongue No question you ask within reason is a bad question. I have tried a few of the advertised "work at home" jobs and have found them to be rip offs. Please be careful when selecting one. If you have a college or university near you they may be interested in your translation skills.

Please feel free to post her when ever you can. The more the better. We want to get to know you and we are all here for you.W00t

Luv ya!Sideways

05/14/2009 03:08 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Welcome to the group. I agree with Auriel that most seem to be rip-offs. Especially if they ask you for money to get started or want you to buy anything.

I would suggest calling some temp agencies. Most people don't like this because they get a cut of your pay, but it can open doors for you so it is worth looking into. Good luck.

06/11/2009 07:33 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Annette, I used to work for a very large corporation and they were always looking for people to translate contracts and leases. You might do some research on companies with ties to spanish speaking areas and contact their HR department. Good luck!

06/11/2009 07:41 PM
Dixie4me
Dixie4me  

Hi welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us.

Check with your local Labor Bureau. Tech agencies is a good suggestion too. I'm sure you will be able to find something with your talent, just don't get discouraged like we fibromites tend to doWink

Hugs,

~dixie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved