MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/05/2009 11:13 AM

FIBROMYALGIA WORSE DUE TO CONCERNS?

GRAMYBEAR
GRAMYBEAR  

HI I'M NEW TO THIS GROUP... ABOUT 5 MINUTES NEW AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT I AM DOING SO I HOPE YOU WILL BARE WITH ME. I'M ANXIOUS TO MEET EVERYONE. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH A LOT OF PAIN WITH MY FIBRO LATELY BECAUSE I'M ALSO DEALING WITH TERRIBLE DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY. THE DOCTOR SAID I HAVE ALSO DEVELOPED AGORAPHOBIA BECAUSE OF THE REST OF MY PROBLEMS. I HOPE I'M DOING THIS RIGHT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M NOT.Unsure [img]

04/05/2009 11:16 AM
GRAMYBEAR
GRAMYBEAR  

AM I DOING THIS ALL WRONG?

04/05/2009 01:48 PM
Auriel
Auriel  

Welcome to our group!Smile You are doing just fine. Depression is a part of our disease. When your doctor says something negative about being depressed just ask him if he hurt all the time wouldn't he be depressed too? Stress promotes the pain but pain promotes stress. This disease is one that I believe the Dr.s need to learn to treat the "whole" person and not just the symptoms. Educating yourself about FM may help some too. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We are not Dr.s but we can share what we have experienced and what has worked or not worked for us.

04/05/2009 05:19 PM
Dixie4me
Dixie4me  

Welcome GramyBear! Glad you found this group. It's a great place to share, vent, laugh and get great info based on experience....course everyone is different, but you will find there are a lot of loving caring ladies here to help in anyway they can.

Pain feeds depression, depression feeds pain....back and forth they go getting worse and worse. And as Auriel said Stess is a big factor in the middle of it all. Is your dr. treating you for the pain and depression?

Hang in there.

Hugs,

~dixie

04/06/2009 05:52 PM
LoriR
LoriR  

Believe me depression is a "huge" part of our lives. I am so depressed right now. I hurt really bad and of course the meds I am on have sexual side effects so I have decreased them so I can enjoy sex as well as be able to function. I cant tell you why I am depressed I just know that I hurt and am "mopey" Right now it seems as though I cant do anything right. I hate living like this but I deal with it. We are all here to help each other. I am new to the group as well and am very happy to have found them.

04/06/2009 06:01 PM
GRAMYBEAR
GRAMYBEAR  

FORTUNATELY MY DOCTOR IS TREATING EVERYTHING. HE IS THE BEST!

04/08/2009 12:10 PM
jesnyc01
jesnyc01  

Gramy: Welcome! You are doing just fine, hunny! You just keep on posting and keep on giving us updates as to how you're doing, and you'll get all the support you need.

We are an open, welcoming, and encouraging group of folks, who have all unfortunately met under some pretty hellacious circumstances-this condition. But, we persevere because we support each other.

Depression is just another facet to this condition. As long as your doctor is treating your depression and your anxiety [some of it maybe, with medication that won't add issues with your fibro?] you MAY find that your fibro can lessen. It's a vicious cycle, one perpetrates the other. Agoraphobia is not uncommon in fibro-sufferers, because it is a side effect of being uncomfortable in public situations due to being in pain and constantly having to deal with most people's negative reactions to us and our condition. You're not alone in that. Just try and find the few things that bring you happiness and keep cultivating those. Smiling and laughter really do help.

If you need a place to vent, to get advice, to feel connected and not alone...you've come to the right place. Just keep on posting and we'll keep on responding. Hang in there! Sending you, and Lori, my warmest, most gentle hugs. Take care of yourselves! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved