Ask a Question
05/10/2012 03:00 PM

RIVER CALLED WITH BAD NEWS AGAIN

stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello everyone~

River called me today, but was unable to hear me well, so she put Chip on the phone. She is taking the medicine for her blood pressure that the doctor gave her, and her home nurse came today and her blood pressure was extremely high. High one hundreds (can't remember exactly) on top and over 100 on the bottom, if I had to guess, I would say he said 192/120. I don't know why the nurse wouldn't have called 911, but he called the doc and he said he needs to see her, because that is her blood pressure while on the prescribed blood pressure meds. Chip also said that her doctor cut her pain pills from 1 every 6 hours to 1 every 12 hours, so she is still in pain, because she is not getting the same amount of pain meds as she used to get.

The doctor's office opens at 5:30 tomorrow morning, so Chip said if they are up then, they will go in at 5:30 or as soon as they get up. He will keep me updated.

Just wanted to keep you updated on River's health.

Much love and hugs~

Christine

05/10/2012 05:33 PM
missyme
missymePosts: 2044
Group Leader

thank you my dear.

maybe she's just adjusting to the bp meds? don't really know about bp problems.

hope they find something out at the doc's. sure wish they could just catch a break.

05/10/2012 05:41 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

That's just awful to think about. Why would they make her wait to be seen if it is that high? And BP meds would more likely make it go too low, not up. I am so puzzled and worried for her. Plus, the lack of proper pain management will only make her BP go up more. We all know what that kind of stress will do to our systems.

sending my love and prayers.

05/10/2012 07:59 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I totally agree with both of you. I would have taken her to ER right away. I don't understand why they didn't take her when the saw the BP numbers om meds, that are not working. Get her to the hopital before she has a stroke. I am very concerned, ane will keep you informed when I heard things from River or Chip.

Much love and lots of hugs~

Christine

05/11/2012 04:06 AM
MaryBeth1658

Poor honey! She must be so uncomfortable with her pain meds being cut back! Hope they are to get her regulated maybe something else going on with her health to cause that bp to be so high!

05/11/2012 05:38 AM
parentof3

River needs a patient advocate to help her with dealing with these problems she is having! Cristine, if you could let her or Chip know that there should be patient advocates at the hospitals there were they live. If she requests one then that advocate would be able to help her with communicating her problems to the dr. and getting all the medicines she needs. Nothing hurts me more than to see someone suffering because they don't get the care they need or deserve! Please send her my love and prayers!!!

05/11/2012 11:15 AM
Annelle
Annelle  

It frustrates me how much the medical system undervalues our word when we say we're in pain! Give her what she needs for the pain!

I hope this resolves itself soon!

Annelle

05/11/2012 11:53 AM
missyme
missymePosts: 2044
Group Leader

p of 3 ~ excellent advice!!! will have to make sure she gets that info. thank you so so much! you are a dear!

amen to that annelle!

05/11/2012 08:00 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

No word from Chip or River today, and I am very concerned. I do think they have some sort of patient advocate, because she now has a male nurse. Nothing against any men reading this, but having in home care and needing to be bathed, I would ask for a change for a female nurse. I would have taken her right to the ER, and I'm not sure why the nurse contacted the doc before the ER. She could have had a horrible stroke. I am praying that she is okay. No news is good news as they say. Let's hope that is the case. I shopped for awhile today and then went out to eat lunch with my sister, and then to Subway for a low cal 1/2 sub sandwich. I came home, sat for awhile for my pain pill and muscle relaxer to take effect and then when to my widow friend who lives across the street from me and is the same age as I am. She was a very young widow, and has a hard time suffering from sarcoidosis and arthritis. Came home and prayed Jim didn't want to go out to dinner, normally I would jump at that, but after spending a couple or a bit more hours in Kohl's, I was ready to put my jammies on and call it a night. Thank God, he did not want to go out to dinner tonight, because our wedding anniversary is tomorrow, 40 years....oh my!!!! And we are going out to dinner on Monday night after having Lindsey all day, only to get up and drive to Gatlinburg, TN. I hope the black bears don't get me up at the top of the mountain, I actually worry about our van getting up the mountain!! I think we are way up there, because they tell you if you are coming in the winter to be sure to have chains on all four tires, and a four wheel drive. I hope my cell phone works up there, in case I leave a door open and let a bear slip in. lol

It's about nighty night time here, so will try to catch you tomorrow.

Much Love and hugs~

your sissy Chrissy

05/12/2012 11:04 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Sweet hearts,my dear sisters. The nurse I spoke of is more of my case manager. His job is to see that get the care I need, He will not be bathing me.

We did go back to doctor he added 2 more B/P meds he said it would take awhile for them to get into my systym and in the mean time I am on complete bed rest.

I asked him again about pain meds and he said that was all he could give me. So we are looking for a new doctor and pain management. I have a headache from hell caused my the high B/P. Pain meds help some...fotunely I have enuff pain meds I can still take every 4 to6 hours till I can get another doctor.

I am making progress on recovery from the stroke, my hands pretty much function normally, I still can not walk, I havn't had a seizure for a week so hopefully the meds are working good on that....

Thanks all of you for you love and prayers...they have help me keep You my going.

My new cardio is very good very pleased with him and the neuro.

You my dear sisters are awesome. Have great day with low pain levels.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved