MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2012 10:45 AM

It's Thursday

Annelle
Annelle  

Hello Everyone!

Hadn't seen a post so I thought I'd start one.

So tired today! Woke up tired, then blew out a tire on the way to work. Luckily a male co-worker was kind enough to change it out for me. It was a front tire so he took the back tire off, put it on the front then put the spare on the back. Got to work about an hour late, but better late than never!

Then WHAM! The exhaustion hit. I get stressed and my Fibro hits me back with the tireds. Dizzy I wish I could sleep at lunch....

Annelle

05/10/2012 12:11 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Anelle~

I am sorry that you woke up tired and not refreshes and then to blow a tire, I would have been stressed to the max!!! I know nothing about how to change a tire, and in this day and age, if a stranger stopped and offered to help, I don't think I would take them up for their offer of help. I would call AAA or the car dealer and try to get help as soon as possible, by someone I felt I could trust. Lucky for you, a co-worker was going by and saw you. Someone was watching over you.

How much time do you get for lunch?? I know a few young teachers, when I worked, they would go sleep in their car in the parking lot and set the alarm on their cell phone to wake them up. I don't know if that is feasible for you, but the young party teachers, would do that, of course you would be doing it for another reason,but just a suggestion. My son, and I did this often when I taught, if I was having a difficult pain day (I worked in special ed) I would sit quietly in our classroom. We had a bean bag that the kids liked to sit in and I would just sit in it, after putting it somewhere I could that I could pull myself on when getting up. I would even sit in the chair and eat a light lunch, and then just snuggle into the bean bag and stayed their until it was time for the kids to come back. Is there any way that you could get away from your work environment? I don't know what you do for a living (work) but, it would be great if you get totally away from ringing phones, a lot of noise, whatever you need to get away from for a half hour to an hour, depending on how long you have for lunch.

I wish I could find a way to get you away from your environment at lunch, it would be a little bit of a get-away from a possibly very stressful place for you.

I hope you have a better day, and things start looking up for you Anelle.

Also, thank you very much for starting the post today. I really appreciate all of you who do that when I am not up early. Because I have insomnia and need a lot of sleep, I am often not up early in the morning.

Much love and gentle hugs~

Christine

05/10/2012 12:20 PM
missyme
missymePosts: 2048
Group Leader

thanks for starting the daily thread my dear!

so sorry that you're so tired. the stress of the tire blowing plus being tired to begin with would be enough to send me into a flare!

hope you're day is almost over and you can go home and kick back and relax.

when i was at work in the afternoon and was exhausted i downed the diet coke. not a good thing to do but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

we finished making our mother day presents at school today and the turned out so cute! when i figure out how to put the pics on the computer with my new phone i'll put one on! got the phone in january and still don't know how ~ just a little slow that way! and i thought i was doing so good because i knew how to do it with the old phone. why do things have to change so fast? i'm hobbling as fast as i can but i just can't keep up!!!!!!

2 more nights and my baby boy will be back from college!!!!!!!!!! mommy is happy happy happy! and he has a job line up too! happy happy happy! he's just as goofy as me and makes me laugh all the time. such a goofball! i can't wait!!!!!!!!

hugs and love to all..............

05/10/2012 02:55 PM
Annelle
Annelle  

Christine - I work as a medical office assistant and I float between about 6 clinics. Sometimes I'm at a different place every day. Most of the time I get an hour lunch, and one clinic only gives us a 45 min lunch. Today I was at the clinic that gives us an hour and a half lunch! I work 8-5 and push all my breaks and stuff together. I would like to work at this clinic full time. Very nice people here and what an incentive! Today I went down to the quiet lunch room and sat on a couch and read a book while I at lunch. I have slept in my car before when I've been really tired. But today I prefered a good book and the quiet to a nap. But you can bet I'm going to bed early tonight!

Thanks for your concern!

Annelle

05/10/2012 03:22 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Anelle~

Wow!!!!! You do some crazy traveling, no wonder you are so tired and exhausted. I have a friend that does that, but only two offices for her and she is exhausted I keep trying to get her to try for SSD, but she was a young widow and I guess her deceased hubby drank a lot of their money away, so in order to pay for her condo, she has no other choice but to work now. She is going to be 60 y.o. in December and she is tryhing to figure out if she can live on his small pension (he set it up that way) and his social security, but if she starts taking his ss, they cut the pension down further, so she doesn't know if she can do it. She is rushed into the hospital every once in awhile when her heart rate gets really low, like 31 because she has sarcoidosis, and she has very large, tumors on her lungs and when they get so large to put pressure on the heart, her heart rate drops so low. She has a lot of arthritis too and took care of her mom until she passed last July. Now she has her grandson living with her. Sorry I got off track there.

I am glad that you got some peace and quiet and was able to read your book for awhile. And, I hope you do go to bed early and get a good restful sleep. I'm glad your day is over for you.

Hugs~

Christine

05/10/2012 03:29 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Missy~

So happy that your baby boy is coming home!! For the summer right?? I am so happy for you!! I remember those days. I missed them so much and couldn't wait until I had them home for a week end or summer, no matter what the case. I am still like that with my boys, but I think maybe, just maybe, I go to the girls first now. Yeah, I do...ni I don't, must tell the truth, I go for the girls first, but I don't love my boys any less.

Happy your kids mother's day projects turned out well. Can't wait to see pics when you figure out your phone.

Speaking of phones, can I ask if you have a smart phone, and what company you are with? I am going to get a new phone when I get home and am uncertain about what I am going to get. You can pm me if you don't want tell everything on the post here. Actually I would probably find it easier in a pm.

Love you lots~

Chrissy

xoxoxoxoxo

05/10/2012 05:31 PM
missyme
Group Leader

haha! me, a smart phone! now that is funny!

my husband just got one from S for Christmas and i can ask him what kind he got if you like. he's still figuring that out too!

so hard to be a tech-tard!

05/10/2012 07:52 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That gave me a good chuckle!! A tech tard~~hit the nail on the head, that's me too. I think we are twin sisters, not just sisters. hahahaha!! I am the biggest tech tard ever born. I have picures from the family visit this past weekend, and I don't know how to get them on the screen. Some of them turned out great, and I would love to post them, but don't know how. I'm so sad, I want all of you to see family. Does anyone know how to expain to a Dummie how to very easity insert a picture on a page. They are probably be too big of size too, so I may need help with that as well. I really am a tech tard. Yes, please ask hubby what kind of phone he has. I want the smart phone so bad, and my son says I will never use it to it's full capacity, but I would like to try a 2 year contract with them and if I don't use all I think I will, then I will go back to a dumb phone, if I prove that I am a real dummy. I really think I am going to give it a try and smarten up this brain fog of all the fogginess, I've got fibro fog and Lupus Fog. I am doomed!!

Jim just came in, won $150 but if you take away what he paid for cards, he actually came ahead with $84, maybe enough to pay for our gas to Gatlinburgh. Yipee Skippy! Every little bit helps!!

Got to run~talk to you later on or tomorrow. I am going shopping with my sister tomorrow and maybe lunch. I hope we are not gone too long, I will be too tired to start packing my clothes, etc. It is about 9 hours from her. Doing it all in one day. Ugh....I wish we could cut those days down, but we are already book and don't want to miss our first beautiful sunset from the wrap around porch. Oh, I am so looking forward to this trip. Tanquility and peace and quiet with the most perfect man on this planet as far as I am concerned. We were just talking about what games to take, and that we are going to start planning a game night at home each week. YaY!! I like that decision.

Much love and lots of hugs~

Christine

05/11/2012 12:04 PM
missyme
Group Leader

How To Post a Picture!

1.Instead of posting in the white box click on the little green “reply” box.

2.This will bring up a whole new posting section.

3.Write your post in the large white box as usual if you have text

4.To add a picture go down a bit to where it says “add image”

5.Click on the browse tab to bring up your saved pictures in your computer

6.Find the picture you want and left click on it one time

7.Then click open, this will transfer the picture to the space next to “add image”

8.Now you MUST click “add” and the picture is transferred to the posting box in the form of “img”

9.If you see that you have successfully loaded the picture to the post

10.CAUTION! The picture can be no larger than 500pix X 500pix or 100kb

You can see how big it is by laying your mouse on the picture as it sits in “your pictures” on your computer.

05/11/2012 12:05 PM
missyme
Group Leader

How to resize a picture!

This has nothing to do with MDJ. It all happens on your computer. Pull up your pictures and select one you want to resize. RIGHT click on it, one time. You should see a menu pop up. Look for the words “open with”. Put your cursor on those words and a slide out menu will appear. Look for the word “paint” and then LEFT click on that. This will put the picture in a screen where you can change things. At the top you should see a toolbar. Look for “image”. Left click on that. That drops a menu down, so now look for resize/skew. Left click on that. Now you should see a little screen with horizontal 100 and vertical 100. You need to lower those numbers to anything lower than 100. I usually put 50 in each box. If it still seems big lower the numbers again (they will be 100 again the second time) do this until it looks like it will fit on a post. When you close the paint screen the picture will be saved automatically to the new size. Whew! Now go back and add it to your post. Got it! Once you learn you will have a blast saving pics off the net and posting them, so don't give up!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved