MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 04:45 AM

New to this group

wamegodreamr
wamegodreamr  

Hi, I'm new to this group and looking forward to getting to know all of you. Do any of you have skin issues with your fibro? I have an area on my back that feels like goosebumps, they don't hurt or itch, and they aren't blisters. Sometimes my skin is very sensitive in various places and I know that is a fibro issue, but I've had this for a few months now and I noticed this morning that the area seems to be a little bigger. Just wondered if any of you have experienced anything like this.

Thanks.

Ada

02/20/2012 01:33 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Hi wamegodreamr, Welcome to the group! Smile

I sure hope we get to use a nickname for you soon. lol how the heck do I pronounce that in my head? Tongue is that god reamer or go dreamer. Laughing

Sorry, I digress. I, along with many Fibromites have various skin problems, including dry flaky skin, and I'm talking dandruff strentgh skin. I also have little bumps for in clusters that don't seem to be "anything" but little bumps. Other bumps are itchy and are like scaley skin patches - but tiny.

I'm sure others will chime in with their experience with fibro ralated skin problems.

Mostly mine are caused by dry skin due to thyroid disease, which is also a common condition among fibro sufferers. It wouldn't hurt to have your dr. check it out visually, but most likely will turn out to be something not serious with origin unknown. LOL That is something we hear a lot in this group.

Hope to see you here again, and check in daily for more answers. Smile

Karen

02/20/2012 02:08 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Ada, Very warm welcome to You to this fabulous group- great to see you here Smile!

Fibro kicks up all kinds of weird symptoms plus challenging surprises to the skin , to sense of touch, to internal body thermostat as well as a myriad of the senses as well as trigger points, for sure!

Whilst we all have variations within the same area most of us have sensitivities to touch(batgirl included) as well as skin problems, for sure. Slow healing when injure the skin, also, most definitely!!

Have you seen your doctor- think this would be wise, first port of call, truly. Whenever in doubt or worried about a new symptom always best to talk to the doctor about it methinks.

Ada- jump in on any post that interests you here- have a good browse of all the forums too Smile make your fine self at home.

Big gentle welcoming fibromite hugs, love from the UK Clarita(GL alongside the lovely Christine)

Silly Smile

02/20/2012 03:01 PM
countrycook
countrycook  

Welcome Ada!! I have not had that experience myself but fibro does come up with sometimes different symptoms for everyone. I agree with Clarita, you might want to check with your doctor just in case it may not be attributed to fibro. Nice to meet you and join in where you feel comfortable. Hugs, Ann

02/20/2012 03:17 PM
wamegodreamr
wamegodreamr  

Karen, it is like go dreamer. Wamego is the name of my hometown in Kansas where I graduated high school. If you want to tag me with a nickname to make it easier, dreamer would work.

I will show this skin condition to my doc when I see him again in 2 weeks. I was going to mention it today when I saw him and forgot to put it on the list of things to talk with him about. Guess I start a new list for the next visit.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.

02/20/2012 03:34 PM
ushie

Hi Go Dreamer. Definitely show to the doc. I have crazy skin almost all the time (and it's HIGH and a b*tch today!!! AARGHH! Send Hannibal Lecter over to eat my skin--maybe that will help!), and it's a part of the overall over-sensitivity we have to stimuli. Aren't we so lucky! Sadly, this oversensitivity does not lead to super powers...

02/20/2012 03:50 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Dreamer, I have sensitive skin and I get various kinds of little bumps.

I am happy you found our group make yourself at home and if you have any questions please ask.

Hugs River

02/21/2012 12:28 PM
missyme
missymePosts: 2044
Group Leader

welcome ada!

02/21/2012 03:00 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Hi wamegodreamer,

I used to get rashes and was itchy on my chest, neck and forehead when I worked. I don't know if stress brought it on but I do know we with Fibro get various skin issues.

Just another thing to tell the doctor.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved