MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2011 06:41 PM

I am really down in the dumps..

PrincessButterfly

I just feel like life is passing me by..........No! I am not going to kill myself. Just thinking......I am in so much pain. I despise Fibromyalgia.

UGH!

What am I going to do? Sad

12/29/2011 06:45 PM
OkieNell
OkieNell  

I'm so sorry Princess, you aren't alone! Just know that we are all here for you and I love that little fairy! I will continue to think about you and wish you well!

12/29/2011 07:21 PM
Wintersnow1

12/29/2011 07:58 PM
ushie

Hi, PrincessButterfly, I wish I had the right thing to say to you! I'll keep you in my prayers, and hope you come out of this slump soon! Do you have SAD?

12/29/2011 08:16 PM
happygranny

princess butterfly, i'm so sorry baby that your having no relief these days. i too just dont know the how to make this better for you. just know that your in my thoughts and hope you get some much needed rest. i know you havent been sleeping much dou you mind if i ask? are you taking anything for sleep? be it a tylenol pm, some herbal tea or my recomemded choice for me is ambien. i too hadnt slept for more than 2-3hrs at a time for about a month when i went for my monthly appt, doc was angry that i hadnt called about this and prombtly put me on the ambien. he said there was no way i would even start to feel better with out getting some sleep. so i been on it ever since. now i'm not saying i sleep for 8-12hrs but i do get sometimes up to 5 and 6hrs, and its like heaven. who would think such a simple thing as sleep would be so coveted? my best wishes for sleep baby happy granny

12/29/2011 08:24 PM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

I wish there was something I could say to make it better, but if nothing else, you are not alone. I feel the same way you do! You are right - Fibro Sucks!

12/29/2011 08:28 PM
wheredidigo

PrincessButterfly~

http://www.vibrantlife.com/?p=247

Massage Therapy

Massage can give great relief to those with fibromyalgia. Studies released from the University of Miami Touch Research Institute concluded that the benefits of massage include heightened alertness, relief from depression and anxiety, increased immune function, lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and reduced difficulty in getting to sleep. Massage increases circulation in the body, gives relief from musculoskeletal pain, and helps to increase flexibility and mobility—all important for FMS patients

There are things to think about on that page.

Some of course are impossible, but some are worth thinking about?

{{{HUGS}}} to you!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Lisa

12/29/2011 08:45 PM
wheredidigo

Ease painful tender points with a self-massage device (like a tennis ball).

Do yoga and stretching exercises to relax.

Listen to calming music.

Meditate to tame intrusive thoughts and tension.

Sleep in a darkened room. Try an eye mask if necessary.

Keep the room as quiet as possible (or use a white-noise machine).

Make sure the room temperature is comfortable.

Avoid foods that contain caffeine, including teas, colas, and chocolate.

Keep a sleep diary. Write down how you slept each night and triggers that may have interfered with your sleep. Reviewing your notes over several weeks may give you insight into your sleep problems.

Hunger may disturb sleep; a light snack of carbohydrates may help sleep.

Post edited by: wheredidigo, at: 12/29/2011 08:55 PM

12/29/2011 10:05 PM
PrincessButterfly

Thanks for all the suggestions and the compassion. Kissing

12/29/2011 10:23 PM
ushie

I kept mulling over this, and haven't come up with a single helpful thing. I asked one cat, and he yawned in my face. So I can say, PrincessButterfly, that at least you haven't had a big ol' faceful of cat breath recently...

I do hope you feel better. Many soft hugs.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved