MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2011 03:12 PM

Cognative therapy

njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Hey all I was wondering has ever been told by a pain management Dr. To go to COGNITIVE THERAPY!

I have been seeing my Family Dr for 6 years now. I have been seeing my rhuemitologist for 2 years and they have never uttered those words to me.

When I saw this new Pain management Dr. I waited in the office which was packed for 2 hrs. then when I went in I was see for a total of less than 2 min. told to go back to my old pain management dr. Who has skipped the state BTW going to Ohio.

Then he also proceeded to tell me to go to cognative therapy!

I am highly insulted that this man insinuated that I have some sort of mental disorder!!!

I have pain all over buddy!!!

This is not something I AM FAKING YOU JERK!

Devil Devil Devil Devil

06/08/2011 03:34 PM
PrincessButterfly

I am so sorry that this Dr. was so insensitive to you.

That is just so unreal to me. You are right. That Dr. is a JERK! I think that HE needs Cognitive Therapy!!! Blink

Once again, I am so sorry that he was so ignorant to you and I truly hope that you can find a Dr. that understands this condition that we have called Fibromyalgia. It is VERY real and anyone that says that it is not has never lived it.

Hang in there. Wink

06/08/2011 04:16 PM
happycampc

So sorry the doctor was such a jerk!!! So sorry he acted that way with you. Grrrrrrrrrrr I would go back to your rhuemy or who sent you to this doctor to get a new refferal and tell them about your experience. Hugs, Ann Smile

06/08/2011 07:38 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Ann has a good idea. I would go back to that rheumatologist and let him/her know how awful you were treated. That is unbelieveable. That was it, 2 minutes max, and a couple of rude, unexplained words. He may be one of those docs that needs to be turned into the AMA. Hope you find someone new, and make sure this doc gets his due too.

Wishing you the very best. Please let us know how things go for you. We've got your back and will always be here for you sweetie.

Hugs~

Christine

06/09/2011 10:29 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

I third the motion. Tell the rheumy how you were treated. Or NOT treated is more like it. Tongue That us inexcusable the way he was to you. I have had a similar experience by a dermy I was referred to by my pcp. I did tell him , but of course all he did was raise his eyebrows and mumble, "Really?" then on to a different subject. Hopefully your dr. will have more courage, and give you some helpful advice.

Stick to your guns about this though, and don't go back to someone who is so insensitive. Best of luck in getting the help you need. Warm hugs, Karen

06/11/2011 01:54 PM
njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Yes I so agree with with this ladies thank you very much for your support! I told the Rheumy what happened at the visit and he was shocked that this Dr treated me like this!

I have another appointment set up with another pain Dr. I hope he can help me with the pain I'm in.

This condition is NOT IN MY HEAD YOU JERK!FIbro is not in my head or anyone else

Just because I don't have a physical injury BTW I do I have Faucet fractures in my lower back. I'm having issues with my bones in my ankle they are thinking at the orthopedic office I work for doing surgery!

Plus other things that are going on!

If you would of taken the time to check out my paperwork and test results that I had with me you would of known this. Taken the time to speak with me!

Oh I'm so disgusted with him!!

06/11/2011 02:44 PM
PrincessButterfly

fm fibromyalgia awareness 14120959 200 240

Hang in there.....The Dr. is a jerk!

06/11/2011 03:26 PM
RavenLily42
RavenLily42  

I could not agree more.

06/11/2011 06:49 PM
rondasreed
rondasreed  

Well, now I'm wondering if I'm crazy. I have episodes when I am really flared with fibro when my cognitive skills go out the window? Am I the only one?

06/12/2011 07:45 AM
happycampc

Hi Ronda, No you are not alone when it comes to this. I have the same problem myself. I am usually alot clearer in the mornings for whatever reason. Don't feel bad, your not alone there. Hugs,Ann Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved