MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/12/2011 05:34 AM

Anyone here benefit from special support tights?

Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Just wondered if anyone here uses special medical support tights? You see my milko thinks that this bat girl would benefit from using special medical support tights as have much pains in legs plus my circulation is not that great either so it could help with both.

Use the full support tights that you can purchase from the shops yet these ones are stronger/more supportive that you can get from prescription in the UK.

Would love to hear what your experiences of support tights are here!!

Anything that could possibly help with the leg pains really want to try. Last time suggested this idea to my doctor he was not keen yet wonder if ask again he might consider it?

Thanks everyone!!

Big gentle hugs, love Clarita

Silly Smile

04/12/2011 07:46 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Good morning dear Clarita! Is that your pony? She's lovely anyway. Smile

Tights may help you and others, but I can't stand anything that tight touching my body. It just plain hurts to have it do so. Am hoping it helps you if you decide to use them though. If I could go out in just my loose jammies I would. LOL

Many hugs,

Karen

04/12/2011 07:58 AM
happycampc

Hi Clarita, I have never worn them myself but a friend of mine has diabetes and she uses them as well but she says they are incredibly tight on your legs. I am very sensitive myself when it comes to clothing and pressure on my body. Might try it and see, hope someone else can give you their experiences with them. I'm with Karen, I would wear my jammies all the time if they made them to look like regular clothes!!! Smile Hugs, Ann

04/12/2011 09:48 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Hey Karen and Ann, Thanks for your groovy as well s humorous replies- love you both! That is not my pony( do not own a pony although love them)- it is a wild pony- a Dartmoor pony from Dartmoor National Park in Devon UK- just took a picture of it as love animals!!

Like loose comfortable clothing too.

Find the support tights helpful, plus mostly live in skirts, yet, the medical support tights may be too tight yet just curious if anyone else here has tried them?!

Much love to you both lovely ladies, gentle hugs Clarita Smile

04/12/2011 05:36 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Clarita~

I tried them once after doc recommended when I was having circulation problems myself. I could not wear them. I gave them a fair try for a few days of week, and it is one, very difficult to get into them because they are so tight and you have to really struggle to get them on, then they were so tight, I couldn't stand them on my body. My sil wears the shorter ones and swears by them, they are for the calves only and they really seem to help her, bbut my experience with them was not a pleasant one. I hope this helps a little.

Hugs~

Christine

04/13/2011 01:36 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Christine, This really helps- thanks for taking the time to let me know your experience of them. The more read plus research online the more think that this would not be right for this batgirl either. The support tights you buy are very different from the medical ones, too!! Sometimes cannot bear to have anything on my legs as they are far too sensitive other time a little support helps yet only a little.

Having really intense pains in legs at the moment - guess everyone has their opinions about what may help. Like to research everything/every suggestion thoroughly first.

What have found has helped somewhat is to raise legs with a wedge wavy shaped pillow- raising the legs as lie down in bed or on sofa recliner has helped to take the pains down a little. Anything that lowers the pains especially when the pains are screaming is worthwhile, for sure!!

Big hugs to you sweet wonderful Christine, love your friend Clarita Smilexooxoooxoox

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved