MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/16/2011 04:10 PM

Elliptical Trainer

Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Hi guys!

My boss has an Elliptical Trainer that's she's giving away and I wondered if I should even bother making room for it?

Has anyone tried to use one? I would love to take it off her hands but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to use it.

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

03/16/2011 04:42 PM
happycampc

Hi Kimba, I am not sure about the elliptical machine, I saw the one by Tony Little before and looked into it because it was more affordable. I checked the reviews on it and it seemed like it would be a good fit because it's suppose to be lower impact and a few people had said they had back issues and that it wasn't bad for them. I have DDD as well so I was concerned about that as well.Wink

Post edited by: happycampc, at: 03/16/2011 04:43 PM

03/16/2011 05:41 PM
OkieNell
OkieNell  

I've heard they are so much easier on your bodies and I've been really thinking about getting one! I would jump at it, but that's just me! My doctor just keeps telling me all I need to do is walk and it's free!

03/16/2011 06:03 PM
nkier

I heard the Elliptical Trainer is really good but ONLY if you have an expensive one. They said you need one like an exercise facility would buy. Otherwise, the ones sold for home use are not worth using the space or any money. Ermm

I hope this helps after the research I did. I really wanted one since it is suggested for people in our condidtion but I can't afford the really expensive onces and I truly don't have room for it.

Dizzy

Hugs...Nickie Smile

03/16/2011 07:59 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

I've heard the same thing as Nickie about the good ones being $pendy. Wish I had room and money for one too. I also have heard from more than one dr.that walking is the best thing. That's fine if you don't have other conditions that prohibit you from walking too much.

Laughing As long as I'm wishing, I think I'll wish for a swimming pool instead of an eliptical machine. Tongue

03/17/2011 11:06 AM
gz55

i loved my elliptical trainer when i was able to use it so i would definitely give it a try! unfortunately, my muscles get worse with repetitive movements due to my muscle disorder so i ended up giving it away. like the others said, it is suppose to be great for fibro.

good luck! Smile Sad

03/17/2011 04:36 PM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Well, the boss lady traded it for a futon with her neighbor! I am so upset she went back on her word. Sad

03/17/2011 05:45 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Aw shucky darns Kimba, that's too bad. Sad Shame on people who do that. I'd like to think it just means something better is in store for you, so she did you a favor. Laughing

Fuzzy wuzzie hugs in the meantime

03/18/2011 05:11 AM
grammyinPA

Shucky darns? Love that Karen. I don't swear much at all and that sounds like a perfect exclamation!

03/18/2011 07:26 AM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...fuzzy wuzzy had no hair....fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he? Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved