MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/23/2010 06:37 PM

The FibroRag 1... a quilt about fibro...

TEMA
TEMA  

Hi Fellow Fibromites...

For a little while now I've been telling you about the quilt I've been making about fibromyalgia. Well, it's finally finished... thank goodness! Smile

I managed to get it hung in the diningroom so I could take a picture of it and Roy has kindly made the picture smaller for me so I can post it here.

The quilt has 12 ladies on it... just the head and shoulders and they are in 12 rectangles. There about about 500 buttons on the quilt... cause, lets face it... I kinda got carried away... Smile

Each lady represents a different age, a different type of woman, there's a hippy there and a child as well. I'm wondering if you can guess which one is which...

The piece has taken me about 3 months or so... it's all hand sewn, hand quilted. It is made of cotton and cotton-blend fabrics as well as an old wool blanket that acts as the batting inside. There are buttons, of course, and found objects and tons of embroidery.

I've had great fun making it but now I'm glad it's done. I want to start Fibro Rag 2 as soon as I finish making some dresses for myself.

Fibro Rag 2 will be completely different than Fibro Rag 1. It is to be about how it feels to have fibro.

I hope you like it.

Hugs,

TEMASmile

05/23/2010 06:38 PM
TEMA
TEMA  

Hmmm.... I don't think it is showing up too well but then it had to be made smaller in order for it to be added. I'm going to try one more thing..

TEMA

05/23/2010 06:40 PM
TEMA
TEMA  

Unfortunately this is the only size I can post...

If you would like a better picture... you can give me your email in a private message and I'll forward it onto you.

Thanks,

TEMA

05/24/2010 01:49 AM
janquito
janquito  

HI Tema, Do you, by chance, have it in your photos on your profile? Just wondering if you did that would it be bigger when clicked on? Anyway, it looks beautiful! I cannot imagine all hand sewn! I do good to get thread thru the needle because of the arthritis and general fibro pain! Wow, you did good and I look forward to the second one. I will give you my email addy after posting this.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved