MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2011 02:08 PM

fibro flares and what will help

debhurts
debhurts  

Hi everyone, it is your gl Debi, i am having a week long fibro flare, i thought i might share a few things i do to help, mabey it will help someone, if you are having a flare and you read my things do not try ibuprophen without consent of your physician! Well since this has been so long and so hard for me, i have found a couple things that help, heat is number one, i take a hot shower, then i use a heating pad , i took 800mg ibuprophen and it actually took away the sharp flu like pain, all over my body, i dont know what triggers flares, somehow i wonder does stress play a part, i have it worst in my upper back and shoulders. I am open to any suggestions anyone might have to help. Having fibro with fatigue, is seroiusly hard sometimes, and today just happens to be that way. So i hope this finds everyone doing well and i just want to say thanks in advance for any tips, be well , Love Debi fibroaspirin 5561e89d2075e405531b13b36256b98c

05/22/2011 02:10 AM
r2d2c3po
r2d2c3poPosts: 44

Have you tried magnesium oil? It cuts a lot of the pain for me. It especially works during a major flare.

05/22/2011 08:03 PM
RosieDawn
RosieDawn  

Hi Debi,

Both acute and chronic stress (whether physical or emotional) are directly connected to fibro flares. That's why stress reduction therapies are really important to us. I like relaxation to soothing music one hour daily. Magnesium has been scientifically shown to help reduce fibro pain. I take a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement, but some people like to soak in a warm epsom salts(magnesium) bath. Flares indicate you are over doing it. Sometimes you have to evaluate how much you are giving to others, and how much you are giving to yourself. I used to over-commit my time and energy, overlooking my own needs. Women are often pulled in so many different directions, but we need to draw protective boundaries for our mental and physical health. Shoulder and upper back pain can be exacerbated by our jobs, the way we sit over a computer all day, for example.

I used to find a place to lie down and rest during my lunch break or go for a nice walk relaxing walk outdoors. Hope you're doing better, Rosie

05/23/2011 12:10 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

Thanks Rosie Dawn, i appreciate your advice , i wrote this column hoping i would get good response, i sure agree with you, stress is our enemy, and women have alot of it! I feel so sorry for us with all our responsibilities, just like i am a gl of 7 groups, i love it but it is demanding, laundry, housecleaning which is never finished, and just the daily stressors of life, it is flaring me up, for sure taking a toll, i am developing an ulcer so i am stressed over the death of my son, june 1 will be 3 years so i am a bundle of nerves, so thank you i bet stress is why i am in a continual fibro flare, it only lets up for a little , so this explains it, thanks so much, Love Debi

05/25/2011 07:35 PM
hedap

Deb,

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I don't have easy answers for you, I wish I did. I am very sorry about your loss and can only offer my deepest condolences. I will put you on my prayer list.

heather

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved