MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/20/2010 12:02 PM

So disappointed...

gmalilla

Was so wanting to go to the support group today, but came home to no electricity! Needed to shower, wash my hair etc., and couldn't! So bummed. Electricity is back on as of about 20 minutes ago, so that's one positive thing yes? I so hate flares and feel like my shoulders legs and arms should be good today! With the supplement I'm taking, my flares aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, but I still so hate them! Does anyone else feel like their skin is stretched to the max?

07/26/2010 08:44 AM
hedap

My feet and hands always feel puffy, but there really isn't edema or anything, just feels tight like you said. hope you were still able to get to the meeting...BTW what supplement do you take? I've tried lots of combos of natural remedies w/ help from GNC but not a nutritionist. hedap xxx

07/26/2010 05:12 PM
khibdon

I have puffy, swelled feeling hands & feet immediately after I exercise. I don't think it is actually swelling, but it feels tight, water-filled, & puffy. Very uncomfortable! So, I don't like excercising.

Tight muscles are the hallmark of FMS. My forearm muscles feel like thick guitar strings and will roll when I pull a finger across them.

Years ago I took a suppliment that contained Magnesium & Malic Acid, specially combined for FMS. It was stocked locally at Atkins Health Foods but I don't remember it's name. I took it for years, but guess I thought it quit helping.

My first go-to self help for fm pain is either warm, moist heat/ or ice packs. Both heat & ice should be limited to 15-20 minutes at a time. This helps me when the pain gets acute. Hope every person will find something they can do to prevent the pain, or at least deal with it. Good Luck & Hugs. Karen

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved