MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/08/2010 01:14 PM

PANICK ATTACK

BKLYNGIRL
BKLYNGIRL  

I WAS FEELING GOOD AND HAD TO GO FOOD SHOPPING AS I WAS WALKING AROUND THE STORE <BAM> A PANICK ATTACK. SAMETHING HAPPENED YESTERDAY. I WORKED THROUGH GOT BUSY COOKING, LISTENING TO SO MUSIC AND AGAIN PANIC ATTACK. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. I HAVE NOT HAD TO TAKE A ZANEX DURING THE DAY IN ABOUT A YEAR. I (FOR ONCE) IM NOT TO STRESSED.

HERE I GO AGAIN!!Angry Angry

ANY ONE FEEL LIKE THIS LATELY?

04/08/2010 01:50 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Brklyngirl,

I wish I could relate, but I don't get panic attacks. I really have no idea what to tell you to do, except to follow whatever instructions your doctor has suggested to you. It may be good for you to consider seeing a psychiatrist or talk therapist, if you haven't been seeing one. Considering that this happened twice in a day, I'd recommend you go back through the day and find out what was going around you when the attacks occurred.

It's always good to determine what may have been your triggers. Was it a song that may have done it? Talking with someone can be good to determine why you may have triggered, and it can also help you to prevent future triggers. It may also help you to calm down if you do have a future attack.

I hope that can help. And I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I do believe there are other people on the forum who suffer from panic attacks, so perhaps you'll get some other advice.

Hugs,

jen Smile

04/08/2010 07:03 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry you had to go through this, but as Jen said, go back through your day and see what was happening just before the panic attacks happened. Maybe you can find out what triggered them. And do something nice for yourself tonight. Don't blame yourself for the attacks, just put them out of your mind!

04/09/2010 05:59 AM
Rainmist
Rainmist  

How really horrible for you! *Hugs* Hope today is going much better, keep us posted?

04/14/2010 05:39 AM
BKLYNGIRL
BKLYNGIRL  

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY A, UGH ACTUALLY THIS HAPPENS RIGHT B4 MY PERIOD...MY DR TOLD ME COULD BE HORMONES, I AM 45 SO I AM ON MY WAY TO MENAPAUSE, UGH

04/14/2010 01:50 PM
Rainmist
Rainmist  

That really can't help things. Has your Dr talked to you about meds to manage the hormones so you're not dealing with rises and falls over a month? I wonder how many people here find they flare with their hormones doing what hormones gotta do.

05/26/2010 10:05 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Bklyngirl,

I've definitely heard many people talk about panic attacks prior to their period and with menopause coming on, the way their hormones swing outta check and all, so I can't say that surprises me. I definitely agree with Rainmist in that you probably need to talk to the doc about getting your hormones either checked or getting meds to balance them.

How are you doing lately?

Hugs,

jen Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved