MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/18/2013 06:04 PM

Butterfly-shaped Anal Leakage Pad?

Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Has anyone tried this product? I found it during a google search:

http://www.birchlabs.com/bsure/bsure-absorbent-pads.php

(I hope it is ok to post the link to the product; I am NOT advertising, promoting or pushing this item - I want fellow FI members' experiences.)

My problem is Crohn's, and that I can't always make it to the loo in time. Some leakage occurs. I seldom leave the house because I never know if or when this will happen. At home, I usually try to wear regular clothing and sit on a puppy training pad (they are cheaper than the medical pads, especially when I have no insurance), but the laundry can quickly add up.

Diapers are hot and can give me a skin rash where the elastic bunches at the leg openings, so I don't like to wear those unless I am required to be away from home. And they are expensive, too.

So I am curious - has anyone tried this?

How did it work for you?

What about the adhesive used to keep it in place - did this irritate your skin?

Thank you very, very much for your support.

03/27/2013 07:30 PM
diaperman
diaperman  
Group Leader

I cant believe that I am posting here again as after I was personally attacked on the FI forum and I said I would never post again but here goes nothing.

I have not tried it or even heard of it until you posted but the idea or concept sounds solid and not a bad idea. Maybe we can get others to post on this that might have tried it if you do deciede to try them let us know. And yes it was fine posting the link as that is what we are here for to help each other.

God Bless.

02/25/2014 03:36 AM
golfman60

Well folks, I've tried them, use them and trust me they are excellent protection. My problem is not of a serious nature, just minor leakage at times but these are easy to use, stay in place well, and solved my problem but like I said, my situation is minor. Keep that in mind!

06/05/2014 11:00 AM
sonja51

I was just reading a new Weight Watchers magazine for May/June, and flipped to a page with an advertisement for 'Butterfly', protection for FI! I did't know anything like that existed! So I went to Google and typed Butterfly and eventually came to this site, after noticing all the photos and links to actual Butterflies!! LOL! ..Laughing

Anyway, back to seriousness, it's great to see a forum on this because I've been dealing with FI for several years now. For me, it's part diet related, part I'm sure, stemmed from IBS..of which I don't know WHERE that stemmed from unfortunately. I like to blame it on Gall Bladder surgery, but not everyone deals with that after effect. I was about 42 at the time. I could on and on about my experiences with this problem, but I'll wait til later. I have never used any pad other than liners for this. They provide SOME comfort, but not completely. I've considered a surgical procedure to strengthen the rectal wall, but that means being laid up for a bit of time and I have to work.

So do these pads assist in preventing the exit of stool or just catch it? I find that I usually pass 1 tiny tiny stool when out for even a walk anymore. Or when I go walking with a friend...GAH!!! I have no control over it, though I have tried. Sad

Post edited by: sonja51, at: 06/05/2014 11:07 AM

06/06/2014 10:52 AM
diaperman
diaperman  
Group Leader

First of all welcome to the forum we are glad you are here. I know that Catfishes24 asked the same question and I don't know anything about them. For me I had to resort to using adult protection and I don't go out much because of the problem. Hopefully we can get someone to post here that has tried them and if you do please let us know how they work.

God Bless.

DM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved