MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/24/2012 07:40 AM

Nash can be reversed?

LadyIJ
LadyIJ  

Can NASH be reversed? Anyone been put on Pioglitazone? My doctor said if it iS NASH rather than NAFLD that's the drug of preference. I've read some bad stuff about it. But I'm hoping I can reverse this with diet exercise - so the main question is - sorry to ramble - can NASH be reversed as well as NAFLD?

02/24/2012 01:55 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes NASH can be reversed the treatment is the same as far as

Loose weight slowly

control diabetes

avoid alcohol

and living healthy

Pioglitazone is the generic name of a common diabetic med called Actos

Yes it has some nasty side affects.Including low blood sugar

I was unable to take it because it caused me to retain fluid to the level that I developed Congestive Heart failure.

Does it work for some Yes

Here is the link to a site Read the warnings Only you and your Dr can determine if the benefit out weights the risk.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001047/#

02/24/2012 02:08 PM
LadyIJ
LadyIJ  

scary stuff. I think she just mentioned that if there was actually scarring. We'll have to wait and see - ther eare other drugs, and you're right, OTHER doctors. First I need a diagnosis and then it's up to me too, as you say.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved