MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/10/2009 09:03 AM

Essential Tremor, is that really what's wrong?

burchev1
burchev1Posts: 1

I was admitted into the hospital for vertigo, fainting,tremors and migraine. They did an MRI & Catscan and seemed to find things wrong and treated me for vasculitis and said I may have ms. I went to a neurologist yesterday and he said I only have essential tremors. Does anyone else experience the severe head pain and vertigo feelings? My whole body shakes non-stop and I'm tired of it. He gave me inderal twice a day for a week and then 3 times a day. I don't understand how the other symptoms would be related....if I could just have someone that understands. Sad

01/10/2009 04:16 PM
metalynn

Welcome to the group. My name is Shannon.

I have had my tremor since I was very little. It mainly affects my hands and head, which I can control fairly well with inderal (propranolol - generic).

Is this your first visit with a neurologist? If not, how long have you been doctoring one and do you feel comfortable with him/her.

The inderal should help with your migranes, since it is sometimes prescribed for that.

Vertigo is something I don't experience often, but have had. I have also been hospitalized for it in the past. The migranes went along with it when I would raise my head off of the pillow. Faintness was also experienced when I stood - my blood pressure would drop. Since the doctors didn't look further into it, I guess I never really thought about the possiblity of essential tremor having a connection. I'll be looking forward to what others in the group report back with.

Again, welcome to the group and thanks for posting!!

01/25/2009 12:14 PM
JolieAdora
JolieAdora  

Welcome Burchev1,

I have migraines.My neurologist put me on Topamax for them. It doesn't work to good. Cause he has me taking 2 at night. So i take Excedrin. My reg.doctor said it was the best otc.My whole body shakes too. Thank god for a loving hubby. Im always getting stuck somewhere Smile . But i have ET and Fibromyalgia.Never had the vertigo.You can rant and rave and stomp your feet here. We don't mind Wink

02/04/2009 10:20 AM
pkayjo
pkayjo  

I get migraines alot. I also get dizzy spells like everything is spinning. I am taking topamax, but not at a strong enough dose yet. Because of insurance reasons i had to stop taking it because its so expensive! But now I have started back on it and when I get the migraines, I also take the Excedrin migraine. I have found it to help also. I keep my room dark and make the kids either stay extremely quiet or leave the house! I also have FM and asthma and chronic Fatigue. With having the asthma it limits me to what they can give me to help with the tremors

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved