MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/03/2008 10:52 AM

25 year old newly diagnosed

jdancey
jdanceyPosts: 19

Hey all, my name is Jen and I am 25 years old and I was recently diagnosed with ET. I am not too sure what to feel about this at this time, because I don't know much about it. I would love some insight on what this is and how it may effect me as I get older. If anyone can help me out that would be great

Thanks

Jen

06/12/2008 02:06 PM
JolieAdora
JolieAdora  

Hi Jen, What has your doctor put you on for your temors? Mine put me on Topamax. I don't know if its going to work yet.I just started taking it Tuesday. I search the internet for ET. The mayo clinic is a one to go to.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/essential-tremor/DS00367

Hope this helps you Smile

06/12/2008 03:19 PM
jdancey
jdanceyPosts: 19

My doctor put me on propranolol, it doesn't seem to be working that well, but I only started it two weeks ago. But I know one thing, it sure is making me tired and it is frustrating because I am so tired that I can't play around with my kids without wanting to pass right out. My doctor told me if I really wanted to I could stop taking them and try to just live with the tremor, so I may just need to try that for a while, even though I know that it will be difficult. I have been also trying to find support groups in my city, because they say that can help, but I have not been able to find any. Has anyone else looked into this, and if so how did you find them? Thanks for the info Jolie

Jen

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved