MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2011 01:09 PM

Help for a friend

jenn123
jenn123  

Hi all, I was hoping to elicit some advice here. I have a friend with epilepsy, he seems to be having more fits latley. He was having a lot of stress in his life previously so he thought that might be triggering more but now that his life has calmed down he is still having them. Im wondering if anybody has any suggestions that i can give him as I know he is starting to get really frustrated.

03/07/2011 01:17 PM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

hi, welcome its so nice to see ppl wanting info rather than running away. i know that between us all we all have bits that are all important to give you. Unlike a broken leg epilepsy has so many forms and causes there is never a direct answer. Stress/lack of sleep/agrovation are all common 'triggers' to enduce fits. might i suggest whilst you wait for more input from members that you look at 'bobs video' so you may get an insight to how your friend actually thinks and feels about the world outside his front door.

look forward to chatting more

03/07/2011 01:37 PM
jenn123
jenn123  

In regards to the Bob video, your question "Do we let it control us or do we take control?" is a good question, i wonder if that is some insight into how my friend must feel about 'going out'?

06/29/2011 11:20 AM
Rosiemckvr
Rosiemckvr  
I'm an Advocate

Hmm, certain things in the home like:

Candles, flourescent lights, certain foods, lack of sleep, anxiety, oncoming illness, loud noises, heat, hot water, etc.

Can all trigger seizures, as well as any fluctuations in medication times or missing "anything" taken daily at the same time.

Is he good at remembering or taking his medication?

Just changes in weather by 20-25 degrees in 12-24 hrs. can do it for me!

If he does have trouble, the Dr. can prescribe something to help him like diazapam/valium.

Good luck to both.

Hugs,

Rosie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved