MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/16/2011 01:19 PM

Some Sunday Blues and Thoughts to share

jseguin53

Just to give some background info: I was a late bloomer as far as really growing up, partied until i was 25 (didnt really think i wanted children before that) then had a couple kids, worked, took care of them, had one more, worked (sometimes 3 jobs at a time) to take care of them, worked for many more years while taking care of my kids. My kids have been the major driving force in my life. We've had to stick together through some pretty rotten times. My kids and my work are my life. They still are involved in my life, but I cant get over not having them around all the time and so have a lot of free time on my hands...when im not working, usually wondering what they are doing, when my daughter is visiting, when Im going to see my son and his girlfriend. I can see myself becoming an "obligation". Ive got to get a life! Ive taken up knitting again (knitting my daughter a scarf), reading, joining groups on line. Close to becoming a member on a dating sight, but everytime I think of it my stomach turns. I just dont want to start a relationship with someone who wants to fool around. I want someone I can spend time with, talk to. Im not the type to go anywhere (except WalMart or somewhere like that) without someone with me. The weekends are the hardest I guess. My friends all do things with their significant other or they have families to spend time with. During the week my friends talk about all the exciting things they did over the weekend with their family/significant other. Well, I clean my apartment and....oh, take the laundry to the laundry mat (good times!) lol. Ive tried to be visible in my apartment building, saying hi to everyone, how you doing, etc. Theyve got young kids and are always on the go. Except for one who is more of a homebody than I am lol. A woman my age and I never see her. When I do she wont talk to me. If anyone can give me any suggestions or stategies they use to get through these times, please share.

Jo

11/01/2011 06:35 PM
jseguin53

I guess im not getting any hugs here, or hang in theres or anything else. thanks

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved