MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 03:05 AM

Rough couple of weeks!

TinaB49

Hi Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while. It's been crazy around here! My 23yr old son became ill. Dr thinks he is having seizures and checked him for a brain tumor. Thank God, no tumor but they still think he is having temporal lobe seizures. Lots of test and dr. appointment for him but he's in good spirits. I'm so glad God can give us a peace beyond all understanding!!!

In the middle of all this I pretty much had to fire my lung doctor. The man should not even be a doctor let alone a lung doctor. My husband called him a quack!! He diagonosed my sleep apnea and emphyzema and has perscribed two inhalers and set up the c-pap machine. I told him I was still having trouble breathing and he told me he has done eveything medical possible for my situtation. Unbelievable! I had spoken to a pharmacist friend of mine before he said that and she told me we were just getting started that there were a lot of things to try.

Needless to say, I was ranting when I saw my primary. They are great, they have done more for me in a week and half then the lung doctor has done in 3 months.

They wrote me an order for a nebulizer, which I do three times a day, before work, after work and before bedtime and they also did an oxization test and with those results was able to get oxygen added to my c-pap machine. It is already helping me at night and I've only had it for a couple of days. They told me if during the day gets difficult then we will do another test to see if I need a portable one for when I work and try to go places. they gave me pain meds for the pain I was having in my chest and upper back (after they found out my heart was ok), and a GI cocktail to help with the burning sinsation I've been having in my stomach and chest (already on prilesec 40mg twice a day for gerd). With all they have done I am actually strating to good again.

They are the best primaary doctors anybody can have.

05/06/2012 08:14 AM
auntdee
auntdee  
Group Leader

Wow Tina, where are these Doctors? I cannot find a decent Family Physician anywhere around here. I am almost ready to take a plane for a visit with a good Doctor.lol My Pulmonologist is wonderful. Don't know what happened to him. He had a bad spell and i almost left him. Then, all of a sudden, he got good.lol Beats me. Maybe it was personal.

So sorry to hear about your son, Tina. They do have meds to control those seizures. He may have to try some, i am not sure. But i will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers as well as you and your family. It is very emotional when one of ours gets sick, isn't it? May God Bless you as you go through this event.

Blessings and Hugs,

Doris

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved