MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/13/2011 04:09 AM

new

HIWayDog

New to support. new to this site. do not really understand how to get around. Having difficulty breathing. No doctor. No money. Just alone. No one to turn to.

06/13/2011 05:20 AM
ThomasHope
ThomasHope  

WELCOME, HiWayDog! You are in the right place! It must be scary to know you have Emphysema and yet no Doctor! Could you tell me more about how long you've been sick, if you are still smoking, any idea how much FEV 1% you have? No matter what - the single most cost effective treatment that you can do for yourself is to Quit Smoking! It's FREE and makes a HUGE difference! Next, drink lots of water every day! Also, exercise! Walking doesn't cost any $$$ at all and can give you much needed endorphins if you are quitting smoking as well as weight maintainance which is very important and maintaining lung capacity. Just a few ideas to begin with. As we know more about you maybe we can be of much bigger help!

06/13/2011 06:15 AM
auntdee
auntdee  
Group Leader

Highwaydog, i am so sorry to hear that you are in such a difficult situation. If i were in your shoes, i would call the Emergency Room of a hospital and tell them what you just told me. Chances are very good that they would help you. Or call your local police and tell them. Either way, reach out Highwaydog. Somebody has to help you and they probably would want to.

Please keep posting so we know how things are going with you. How did you get diagnosed? Do you know what your lung function is? Let us know, ok, so we can help in whatever way we can.

Big Gentle Hug,

Doris

06/13/2011 07:45 AM
HIWayDog

thank you. I do not have a diagnosis. I just cannot breathe well. couple steps and i am out of air. no address. no phone. am in a library with a free complter. hope that does not matter to you. I appreciate the responses.

06/13/2011 07:46 AM
HIWayDog

oh: no cigarettes and no food. so I am helped by that , right.

Post edited by: HIWayDog, at: 06/13/2011 07:47 AM

06/13/2011 08:08 AM
ThomasHope
ThomasHope  

YOU matter to us! Actually good nutrition is important! May I ask if your weight is under control? When I was first diagnosed I was way to thin! I had to find out how to gain weight healthily! I also agree with Doris that your local hospital can direct you to Social Services that could help save your life! I would certainly investigate any means possible for obtaining medical care! Medicine and vaccines are very important and should be obtainable through medicaid, SSD or some other means! If you are not working for the present, then use your time to find medical assistance and career counseling! I had to change careers so that I would have access to reliable medical insurance and could still manage the job! Actually, I'm not sure how old you are! Would you mind telling us about that - it could make a difference, as well!

06/13/2011 08:17 AM
HIWayDog

no address. hospitals can not deal with that. pretty thin - about a 38 waist. very old. at least 4 scora.

06/13/2011 10:28 AM
ThomasHope
ThomasHope  

Since you're at the Library, there are often librarians who can help you find government and social resources! Find out what you can about food, meds, and shelter! If you are willing to ask for help people often will give you a hand up!I work in food banks and help folks get needed supplies and I'm sure similar things are available in your city! Give it a shot and don't get discouraged!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved