MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2011 09:07 AM

New Surgery Option to Breath Easier with Emphysema

auntdee
auntdee  
Group Leader

New Surgery Option to Breath Easier with Emphysema

Traditionally, drugs, inhalers, surgery or a lung transplant were the only ways to help people with severe emphysema. Now tiny valves may help some who want to avoid a major operation....

Hi Everyone,

I did what Roy said and clicked on "Discuss this video". That way everyone gets to see it. I am not sure if it will stay in our group or just pass through. Will have to see.

Wishing everyone way more good days, than bad.

Big Hugs,

Doris

03/07/2011 09:14 AM
auntdee
auntdee  
Group Leader

This is absolutely phenomenal!!!!! It gave me hope. I am not sure if it is still in the trial stage, though. The Dr. said "if this works it is going to revolutionize how we treat advanced emphysema".

Apparently, it worked for this lady!! That is awesome!! Just have to wait and see if she is ok with it. Wow...i still cannot believe it!! HOPE!!

Hugs,

Doris

03/07/2011 09:25 AM
ThomasHope
ThomasHope  

I saw that too and it seems Very Exciting!!! Wouldn't that be awesome? Thank You, Roy, for our new video section!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved