MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2011 01:34 PM

I am here because I am afraid of my roommate

karel6
karel6  

Hi, I am Carol and I am preparing to leave my roommate, who treats me as though I am not a human being.

I will not go into details.

I am discovering more and more that every time I spend time with him or around him, he finds any chance to stick in a barb and push a button.

I am awaiting renter's assistance.

There is also a slight possibility that he will give me 30 days notice for me to move out because I have "anger issues" that are "bad for himself and his pets".

Yes, I understand that.

But I would never hurt him or his cats and I have explained to him that I am working on my issues.

I have known this man for two decades + and I am beginning to believe that all he wants to do now is keep me down.

He is not going to kick me out.

I have decided to leave him when I am ready.

I only hope he won't kick me out first because of my "anger problem".

Carol

03/02/2011 01:40 PM
pleasetakemypainaway

Carol,

I will keep you in my prayers. Be safe. Smile

pg 1921872749

03/04/2011 09:26 PM
karel6
karel6  

ty .

I am glad someone replied.

I am safe.

and exercising extreme caution.

Carol

03/04/2011 09:55 PM
Meg1129
Meg1129Posts: 14599
Group Leader

Hi and welcome to the board! I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner, but sometimes this site doesn't alert me when there are new posts. I don't know why! Anyway, are you physically intimate with this roommate? How long have you been roommates? Do you have an anger problem or is he making that up? What does he do to you that is abusive?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to get a better handle on the situation!

Also, the book we recommend most highly on this site is Lundy Bancroft's "Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men." I put a link to it on Amazon below, where you can read reviews and a chapter for free right now, but you can get it at any bookstore or the public library. If your library doesn't have it, ask if they will get it for you. Once you read this book, everything will be crystal clear for you!

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Does-He-That-Controlling/dp/ 0425191656/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299304658&sr=1-1

Post edited by: Meg1129, at: 03/04/2011 10:00 PM

03/04/2011 11:32 PM
shelley67
shelley67  

Welcome to our group here, sorry you are going through a tough time. I hope you find this group helpful and supportive like I have. There are alot of smart people here that can help you sort things out. Treating someone like they aren't a human being and is always putting you down, is emotional abuse. Not respecting you is emotional abuse. I hope you are able to find a place soon so that you can feel better and be happy, we all deserve to be happy. Hugs and welcome.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved