MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 01:00 PM

Seeing abuse everywhere(page 5)

Meg1129
Meg1129Posts: 14593
Group Leader

I think life seems so uncertain without a relationship when we have little or no self-confidence. A relationship is like a safety net. You've got someone you can count on to be there in times of trouble. You've got someone to walk beside you and share things with you. Sadly, our abusers were never those people. Could you count on YOUR abuser during times of trouble? I couldn't. I had all the negative aspects of marriage and none of the positive.

05/02/2012 01:53 PM
p92868
p92868  

Yes, call the dv hotline, every time you need nourishing your soul....gosh!...I have allow myself to call any time as they are my friends.....and sometimes a few operators tell me that basically my experience is not as bad bec I am not living with the abuser, etc....well I say ok thank you ...and call again.....and 9 times of 10 I have gotten new operators that have been a lot more helpful.....so keep on trying until you find the help you need......

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved