MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/09/2012 08:21 AM

im kind of anxious

WandaLynn
WandaLynn  

Well my husband has been kind for a few weeks and generous and loving...the thing is he has been working two jobs and hasn't been home much.So thats why it has been so good!Plus he has money so he is happy.

Im still anxious...his extra job ends tonight and we have the weekend off with him at home.Why do I get so anxious?I guess I just dont want the calm period to end.Ermm

Post edited by: WandaLynn, at: 03/09/2012 08:22 AM

03/09/2012 08:31 AM
Meg1129
Meg1129Posts: 15139
Group Leader

I know the feeling, but the calm period WILL end and the tension building phase will begin. That's the cycle of abuse and there is no way around it. I'm glad you've been enjoying the calm period, but you should start preparing for the blow up that's coming. Stash some money away if possible. Stock up on groceries. Make sure your car has gas in it.

03/09/2012 08:50 AM
Schefflera
Schefflera  
Group Leader

Meg is right... use the calm period to build up your resources and your strength. Abusers are nothing if not predictable, and he will turn back to old ways.

03/09/2012 08:50 AM
LifeAwaits
LifeAwaits  

And mentally prepare. This is not about you, it's about him. He is not truly mad because you did or didn't do this, he is blowing up because of his need for control because he is an abuser

You're back to walking on egg shells. Remember how strong, loving, and gentle you are. He pushes you down because you are so strong!

03/09/2012 06:30 PM
WandaLynn
WandaLynn  

I know you all are right...sometimes we get into these good periods and we think everything is going to get better.However I have not forgotten the cycle of abuse....thanks so much.Hugs!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved