MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/17/2011 02:10 PM

offered a new car today

barnbrat
barnbrat  

So last night I was told to go order a set of passports!! so we can go on a vacation cause my mental illness is take me over and i need to get away with him,

I said not interested.. Today i get offered a new car and 100 a week to go shopping for myself... Once again i said i am not interested.. He said what will it take to make you happy? I said 140,000.00 and 600 a month will make me happy.. he said I am taking everything away from him. I am not being fare, he is the one that is going to be sitting in the dark with no hydro and no food if he has to pay me out. I said really i do not care about your troubles I have my own to deal with...

I got boxes and started to pack up my things, he see this but still does not get it.......What the hell..

03/17/2011 03:32 PM
Meg1129
Meg1129Posts: 14593
Group Leader

He doesn't have to get it. The important thing is that YOU get it and you do. He's offering you bribes to stay, but they are all rooted out of his own concern for himself.

03/17/2011 04:50 PM
HuskyLover1
HuskyLover1  

Very true Meg. Barnbrat- stay your ground! Giving into his bribes will only make things worse because it will show him that you can be bought and manipulated. Saying no was the right thing to do Smile

03/17/2011 06:13 PM
barnbrat
barnbrat  

oh this time I am.. it is funny how I can see through him as befor I didn't or did want to..I am making plans to go somewhere untill this is over with. his moods are all over the place and it freaks me out. one min he is crying the next it is a pour pitty him party then he is very angry..I will be talking to a new lawyer tomorrow ans the first one would not help unless he had cash on the table..I am hoping that with me leaving it wont hold up me getting anything to help me out..

03/17/2011 06:31 PM
Meg1129
Meg1129Posts: 14593
Group Leader

So that other lawyer wouldn't work with you to help you finance-wise, huh? What a jerk.

03/17/2011 06:58 PM
serenityandpain
serenityandpain  

Sometimes they have free legal council in the law library of your local courthouse. Maybe if you have some questions you need answered while you find someone to represent you they can help? Also for a fee you could get an hour phone call with a lot of law firms to advise you. I also had to pay a retainer fee to get a lawyer, I didn't know there was any other option really.

03/18/2011 01:10 AM
barnbrat
barnbrat  

nope will not help unless I have money... But if there were children in the home they would help out. I am going to call my MP in the morning and see if they can help me...I am going to stress to him that it is unfare to not offer legal help to women that live in a home with an abuser that don't have children.. and how there lack of help only hurt the women worse. and then I will let him know if I get hurt my blood is on his hands.

This realy friggen upsets me..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved