MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/25/2010 03:23 AM

Finding the self importance side very hard.

ToxicChili

My wife is on a bit of a high at the moment.

But I am finding it really tough, for the last week she has done nothing but talk about herself, what she is doing and how great she is, how wonderful her life.

Every now and then she will put in something like 'What do you want to do with your life?' but has absolutely no interest with the answer unless it involves something that will make her aspirations easier to achieve.

She is constantly wanting my praise for everything and is continually fishing for compliments.

Maybe it sounds stupid, but it is really draining and a huge amount of hard work.

She has showed absolutely no interest in anyone or anything but herself all this week (in fact it is a lot longer, but it is pretty extreme at the moment).

Sorry just having a rant, its a struggle to keep my cool at times.

06/25/2010 04:19 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It doesn't sound stupid at all. My ex used to do the same thing. It got really annoying. It drove me crazy...literally?? lol.

06/25/2010 05:32 AM
kathie111

Well Toxic she will have her all to herself soon so she should be very happy...............lol. And your right it is very draining. Thank God you have those kids to keep you going....luv and hugs...

06/25/2010 05:44 AM
ToxicChili

My wife doesn't like her own company, although she would never admit that. She hates to be on her own, I like being on my own at times and being with just myself.

06/25/2010 07:13 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If SHE doesn't like her own company, what makes her think anyone ELSE would like her company?

06/25/2010 09:46 AM
ToxicChili

double post...

Post edited by: ToxicChili, at: 06/25/2010 09:47 AM

06/25/2010 09:47 AM
ToxicChili

They only do if they are almost kept outside, sometimes people who get close see the real person. Often family members and these people have been pushed away.

Oh and she thinks everyone else likes her, she always think men fancy her. Supposedly my brother did, his friend and my dad. Unfortunately she is probably a long way from the truth.

Also most of her ex boyfriends would supposedly take her back just like that. Yet having met a few, one was pretty sure that he never wanted contact with my wife again.

06/25/2010 09:53 PM
Anette
Anette  

It is almost amusing how alike your wife and my husband are, my husband can't stand his own company either, however, he also hates everyone else even though he professes to love me... and my daughter. There is no love at all. I just put down my foot and stopped letting him pull my strings, refused to have coffee and chat. The reaction is huge, the "love" went out the door real quick and now I am even off his Facebook hehehe. Oh well.

But Toxic is right, the ego who can only be preoccupied by itself gets really annoying to the rest of us. Like Karras said, soon enough she will be enjoying her own company full time. However, these people tend to draw new victims rather quickly, they desperately need an audience and they will go to quite lengths to secure an audience. When we leave the auditorium, next seating is already in the works, trust in that.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved