MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2012 10:31 AM

Eczema....on my butt!

ArmyWife13

I have been suffering from Eczema since i was very little. I have tried so many different things and i dont know what else to do. I have gone through multiple creams, pills, and even shots to try and calm my skin down and some things work but only for a short period of time. I have had eczema just about everywhere from my neck all the way down to the back of my knees. Currently i have it on the most embarrassing place on my body...my butt...yep that's right. On my ass cheeks. More so the Left cheek. It gets so itchy and i know that scratching it only makes it worse, but i just cant resist the urge...i scratch it to the point of bleeding...and its extremely severe. At one point i had to go to the emergency room to get a shot of cotrizone. Has anyone had eczema this bad? If so, how did you control it? Im tired of being embarrassed of this condition.

Thanks.

-Molly

02/27/2012 12:54 PM
mayadeb
mayadeb  

Some people have had success using tanning beds for eczema and psoriasis. The UV rays (certain ones) can be helpful. The people who run the tanning establishment can tell you which tanning room is best. It might help the eczema on your butt, which rarely sees the light of daySmile

03/02/2012 10:09 AM
ArmyWife13

I've heard about this. It's just weird for me to think that that is an option because my previous dermatologist told me NEVER to use a tanning bed or anything of those sorts. It rarely sees the light of day but my husband sees it and it is so embarrASSING! haha Smile

03/15/2012 02:55 PM
Ceed

I have three kids, two of which used to have eczema in the crocks of each arm but now are free of it. In fact their skin was bleached white from using the steriod cream and even that is gone. We used a product called 7th Remedy given to me from my boss, it is not even on the market yet. I will be given the information on how to purchase this product, so if you are interested, pm me. FYI it is in liquid form and you just spray it on and that is it, thats all I did and my kids are still eczema free.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved