MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/09/2008 04:55 AM

Epstein- Barr Virus

ithurtsalot2
ithurtsalot2  

Shocked Well I am just getting started on researching Epstein- Barr virus. I have had sore throats with little red and white dots come and go from my throat for years. Not every month but at least 6 to 8 times a year sometimes it only lasts a day or 2 sometimes a week. I had strep throat for the 1st time this past winter. I was nasty sick the day after Christmas for the next week w/ sinus infection "fever and really bad headache". Two weeks later strep throat. Odd HuH!? My OLD Dr said that the come and go sore throats are just a virus that will clear on it's own. He never bothered to check out why this kept happening to me. That's why he's my OLD DR. I have what feels like a fever to me quite often but take my temp and it seems close to normal or between 99-100. I read that a lot of people with EBS have a normal lower temp and then a normal 98.6 is considered to be elevated. I have all the symptoms of EBA. I just had the lab work done but have not seen the PCP yet. I have been seeing another Dr. (a PCP that has had FMS and CFS and also studied it in depth) he has adopted the teachings of Dr Jacob Teitlebaum Who wrote:1,2,3 Pain Free, From Fatigued to Fantastic. This is my take on their techniques of treatment:They believe that there are "bugs" out there that don't show on the radar of standard tests and do a lot of treatment by symptoms. They believe that FMS and CFS are symptoms of another illnesses that came from somewhere not just out of nowhere. They treat with both perscriptions and remedies, vitamins,ect. My Rheumatologist has never heard of Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum or the Philosophies he has. My Dr. that follows these concepts had a lung infection and followed these and sucessfully treated himself and is almost at 100% today. Coming from almost unable to practice meds. anymore due to his health. He asked me more questions in 1 day than my Rheumy asked me in 3 years. They approach treatment by building a "pyramid-- Start with improving sleep and fighting any infections, after a good period of success with those move on to the adreanal gland and thyroid,hormones then allergies. Treating each by symptoms and or lab work. Slowly adding to the pyramid moving from each catagory finishing with diet and exersize. Makes sence to me but seems almost to good to be true after 5 years of hurting and weariness I have almost gotten used to being like this.(misreble)Is there anyone out there with any experiences like I have had?Whistling Sad Tongue

10/10/2008 02:04 PM
ithurtsalot2
ithurtsalot2  

Yup! I just got my test results Epstein Barr virus is active and I probably have it chronically! So I gues I am a legitamate member of this group, I was hoping to be a drop out! Oh well! At least I know why I feel like this!HEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Hellooooooooooooo, Hello, Is there anybody in there, nod if you can hear me, is there anyone hommmme. When I was a child I had a fever.............Pink Floyd Come on people HELP ME OUT>>>>> Ann

11/06/2008 12:22 PM
ithurtsalot2
ithurtsalot2  

Tongue Ok I am feeling better now my virus is settling down. I had an MRI a few weeks ago and am seeing a Neuro surgeon next week- 2 bulging discs, moderate to severe spinal stenosis, spinal canal compressed by 25%, spondylolthesis, blah bla,bla... So I am still wondering if I have a virus that has caused damage to my spine - I am 41 and have other severly degenerated areas-jaw, neck. Or maybe I have these weaknesses that have brought on an infection. Well one thing is for sure, they both make me crazy.W00t Ann

01/07/2009 04:54 AM
lizusmc
lizusmc  

Hi Ann... I guess you dont have to talk to yourself anymore....

My EBV is at 1480. Have they given you your count? I also have Fibro and CFS. I have 2 children a 5 and 1 y/o. They are amazingly everywhere. Not to mention if they get sick I ge sick, when they get better Im still sick. I've always ad a slow immune system bu now it's worse. I've never had fevers though. Ever since I was little... but fever fights bacteria and I never had a good immune system so no fighting bacteria. We only knew how bad b/c of the other underlying symptoms... Well Im here now so if yo need to vent go ahead... But I warn you Im far from being PINK FLOYD>>> Laughing

03/26/2009 11:52 AM
KwiteKontrarie
KwiteKontrariePosts: 1544
VIP Member

Hi ladies,

I think you are looking for the Chronic Epstein-Barr group. http://www.mdjunction.com/chronic-epstein-barr

Ebstein's Anomaly is a congenital heart defect. Shocked

~Mary

Post edited by: KwiteKontrarie, at: 03/27/2009 08:16

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved