MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2008 09:40 AM

Hi new...

s24sassy
S24sassy  

I am new to this group. I have a problem with overeating. I have not started bulemia, but there are times I stuff myself so bad I wish I could make myself throw up. I just don't know why I eat to the point where I feel sick. I've been doing it for years and I've joined this group to try and get support for it, as well as support everyone else in anyway that I can.

I'm here to talk about my problems or yours anytime!

Sick

05/21/2008 09:40 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

Nice to meet you!Sorry you are going thru this!Glad you found the site tho!I have similar problems as you. I have never made myself sick. Altho, I think about it. I have also been doing this for years, I really never knew I had a 'problem'?Until recently. I started therapy for bipolar & told my counsoler I go to food for EVERYTHING and I just eat the pain away & I hide it sometimes too.

I started topamax for my Bipolar & it also helps with controlling my appetite. Has helped me maintain my weight & is also helping me not think about food so much. Has been a blessing with my bipolar as well. A lifesaver for my LIFE (if that makes sense?HAHA).

Anywhoo, I haven't checked in here for awhile. Thought I would say hello to you and everyone else!

Amber

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved