MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2009 06:40 PM

I have been figting bulimia for

tinao
tinao  

I have been fighting this for 21 years. When I was twelve I started because my father would call me names. I use to be so skinny. DCS came and took me to a foster home because of all the abuse that my family had put me through. My foster parents found out that I was bulimic and started me on treatment. I had to ear pure liquids for several months for there was nothing else I could hold down. After I got preganant with my first child at fifteen, I stopped because I didn't want to hurt her. I did fall off the wagon a few times inbetween my pregnancies with my four children and several times after that. My husband knows and kind of keeps an eye on me so that I don't start again, but now that he is back on first shift and the kids are at school. I do want to start back. I miss being skinny like I was when I first met my husband and right after I had all my children. I am bipolar to and I know that this is not good thinking but I miss it so much. my feelings are an emotional rollercoaster and I feel that I would really feel alot better about myself if I looked great again. help

06/14/2009 08:31 AM
Want2Change

Tinao, I am so sorry nobody has repsonded to your message until this. I hope you were strong and made it through your tough period. You are done so well, so much better than all of us! You are recovered and have gone through periods of healthiness, which is what we all want! And it is what you have!! Stay strong, and instead of focusing on your desires, focus on all of your success. You have a family and have been doing great, so please keep it up for all of us. You are an inspiration.

06/14/2009 10:23 AM
maisen
maisen  

Hi Tinao! Hang in there! You are so much better off without the b/p, it will only take you down further. You have a supportive husband and it sounds like a great family. I had the same problem growing up, whatever I did wasn't good enough for my father. Now I look at what's good enough for me and my husband. He loves me just the way I am!! Stay tough and let me know if you'd like to talk anytime.

06/14/2009 06:24 PM
jebsmom86
jebsmom86  

Tinao, I know that losing weight can make you feel better but it has to be done in a healthy way. I mean that if you want to lose weight to fix all of your problems, that's NOT going to work. It will only be a temporary fix and could cause your eating disorder to come back full force. I would work with a professional on developing a healthy weight loss plan and also be sure that you are connected to recovery by working with a therapist or at least a support group like a twelve step group while you lose weight. This way you will be addressing your issues (fear, anger, etc) while you lose weight so that you can avoid it turning into a relapse. Does that help?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved