MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2010 11:57 PM

Enjoying food ?(page 2)

BabyNotSoBeautiful

Thanks Elle, it's really hard right now..

10/11/2010 02:46 PM
maisen
maisen  

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! Writing is a great way to get out some of your emotions about this! I hope you can continue with your healthy thoughts and try to eat!! Take care!!

10/12/2010 05:40 AM
BabyNotSoBeautiful

It's really hard right now, I've lost all means of having any appetite.. Just the very smell of food is making me sick now... Since the miscarriage I've lost two pounds.

Post edited by: BabyNotSoBeautiful, at: 10/12/2010 05:41 AM

10/12/2010 09:42 AM
maisen
maisen  

It seems that there is a purpose to everything that happens so maybe it was just not right at this time for you and your baby! Just concentrate on you now so you and all your future children will be healthy!!

10/12/2010 11:32 AM
BabyNotSoBeautiful

I'm trying but nothing seems to be working out Sad

10/12/2010 07:12 PM
nn1

I'm so sorry for your pain. Remember your whole body is going thru a major transition from being pregnant to not. Give yourself time to heal in body and in heart. Be gentle with yourself & realize how much your little one meant to us all. The more kind you can be to your body with good rest and good foods, the better you'll be able to help your very sad heart.

10/13/2010 11:06 PM
BabyNotSoBeautiful

Thanks nn,

I'm trying but lately things are getting worse.. Any positive thoughts I'm trying to have are all turning into negative.. Everytime I think about going to eat something, I end up looking at myself feeling disgusted, and sick, so I don't eat. All of this is so frustrating!! Sad

10/14/2010 10:02 AM
nn1

Try healthy drinks and just sip thru the day. Won't overload that way. I think it helps to sip while watching a movie or talking with someone so you can do it without focus on the food or drink. A little sip at a time. Low blood sugar makes our brain feel really stressed, anxious then depressed. Give it a try, remember to be as kind with yourself as you would with a friend in the same boat.

Are you talking to your doctor about this? Grief about a pregnancy loss is VERY REAL and totally justified. The docs are used to dealing with this and can steer you to help.

10/14/2010 06:22 PM
BabyNotSoBeautiful

I'll try it out, thanks.

I'm going to try and book an appointment with my family doctor and work through this the best I can.. It's really hard to try and go easy on myself or whatever because I push myself a lot and I usually succeed in most of the things I do, but this.. It's just.. Crazy!

10/15/2010 09:50 AM
maisen
maisen  

I'm happy to hear that you're making an appointment! You might also look for a local support group on grieving to help you over this tough spot. Take care of you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved