MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 05:18 PM

I'm So Mad At Myself

DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Got my blood results, and I'm one number from being a Diabetic, my pottassium level went down another point, not good. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to as far as the potassium.

I didn't exercise a lot due to my neck, and the numbers showed. I will beat this. I ordered for two Wii Exercise programs, one is for Cardio, the other is the Wii EA Sports Active 2, I'm going to be upping my exercise, and not allowing any carbs in my diet, and sugar and crap will also stay out. The new medication I'm on for my OA is already helping my knees, ankles, and feet, and sort of helping my neck. I'm so mad at myself for allowing the numbers to go up, and I'll get it down where it should be. I'll fight this, I don't want diabetes. GBHugs, Donna

05/02/2012 07:53 PM
sifted
sifted  

don't be too mad at yourself, keep trying.

you probably are eating lots of bananas.

and no, you don't want diabetes!

Smile

05/03/2012 06:25 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Thank you, sifted, I'm trying real hard, I won't give up, and I won't allow it to defeat me. I'm afraid I'll end up with no insurance once I'm diagnosed to having diabetes. My husband started saying something last night, but I blew up at him, and he held his tongue. I know what I can afford and not afford, and he doesn't even pay my medical bills, and I don't make the money he does, I'm only getting half my ex's military retirement. I'm not able to work, due to the neck issue. I can't even drive at this point. I hope the longer I'm on the new medication for the OA, that the neck pain subsides. It's helped my feet, ankles, and knees, although this morning I'm in a lot more pain, but we have change of weather going on again, so that's the big test for the new medication. I did lose two pounds, so makes it four pounds since my women wellness appointment with my OB/GYN doctor over a week ago. It's looking like I'll have to continue working off over 400 calories a day to get the weight off, and fight off the diabetes, as so far not on meds for it, and plan to keep it that way. I sure do eat bananas, once a day, I can't handle two a day, due to my body reacts to too many of them. I can add broccolie to my diet, as it has potassium in it, and I do love it. The problems is, only if I have cheese on it, and that adds carbs and sodium to my diet, and both are not allowed. Argh!! I'll get it. I'm looking forward to the two exercise programs I have coming. Both are for my Wii Console, so that works for me. That's the reason I got the Wii is for my workouts. I don't hardly own any fun games for it. The ones I have, I don't even play them harldy at all. Too busy with my rabbitry and other things. GBHugs, Donna

05/03/2012 06:14 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Donna, just popped in here for a minute and I'm sorry to hear the results weren't that good. You sound so determined that I just know you're going to do okay. Getting motivated is a huge step in the battle and it definitely sounds like you are ready to tackle this head on.

Losing four pounds is a huge accomplishment and you deserve a ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))) for that. I realize that you want to lose more, but that is something to be proud of!

05/04/2012 05:35 AM
sifted
sifted  

I agree, you deserve a ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))).

Ever thought of juicing?

05/04/2012 05:41 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Thank you, Angela. I'm bound and dertermined not to get diagnosed to having Type 2 Diabetes. I'm looking forward to the new workout programs I ordered. One is a training workout for cardio. Big plus, due to the workouts, my cholestorol level is showing I'm working out, and it improved from last year's test, phew on that one. If I can get that down, I know I can get the other number down as well. It's helping that I'm having less neck pain. The new OA medication is working!!!! Yippee! I lost another pound as well. At least I know how many calories I have to work off to get the weight down. I'm trying so hard. My husband isn't happy that I'm getting up at 4:30 in the morning, but too bad, my health is coming first, and it's so much easier for me to get it done real early in the morning so I can get other things done when I used to exercise, including putting in another 20 minutes of working out. I do the first 326 calorie workout when I'm up early, then around 9:30 in the morning another 100+ calorie workout. I have a lot of running, which is running in place, in my workouts. I'm going to up the workout more this morning, just have to tweek my Wii EA Sports Active up more. Smile GBHugs, Donna

05/04/2012 06:16 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Another pound? You go, girl! I'm the same way. On my days off, I work out early in the morning and try to get several walks in throughout the day. I also like to jog in place while watching tv, but it's hard on my spine and knees, just joints in general and I don't even have osteoarthritis. I do a lot of stretching exercises since they help me feel better. I wish we lived closer because your new exercise tapes sound like fun. We could do them together!

05/05/2012 10:02 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Thank you, Angela. I wish you lived closer. You'd love the programs, and it can be set up to have a friend workout with me. It'd be so much more fun as well. You'd love the programs. They're easy to set up, and the time goes so fast due to all the different exercises in them. I love my Wii workout programs. Smile I wish my new ones would hurry and get here. I had more to do this morning, so got both workouts in, worked off 467 calories, plus more when I was cleaning the rabbit hutches outside. I might have to bring Blaze in today, due to it being so hot and humid, but not sure if it'd be a good idea to let her get used to the AC. I'll play it by ear if I bring her in. I do need to let Ginger in. Too humid and hot for her to be outside. I let her out real early this morning, she ate her breakfast outside, but I think my Puggy girl is ready to come in out of that heat. It's up to 87, plus the humidity. She'll snooze away the afternoon, I'm sure. lol Gotta love my Pug girl. Smile GBHugs, Donna

Post edited by: DonnaEvans77, at: 05/05/2012 10:04 AM

05/05/2012 10:06 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Thank you, sifted! I heard about the juicers, but due to I have to watch the sugar, they probably wouldn't work for me. Great idea though. GBHugs, Donna

05/06/2012 01:23 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Donna..I'm diabetic from birth...I would just stay on a diabetic diet, they give you plenty of veges and fruits, but small portions.

Its hard to do, but you master it after awhile

Hugs, Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved