MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2012 06:27 PM

tell all(page 2)

Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Did I tell you about when my Dad was in Viet Nam ? One Christmas I will never forget..we normally got 2 -3 presents every year, coloring books or little things like that, but it meant a lot to us to have these things in a house full of 9 kids and a niece of toddler age at that time.

Well the year my Dad was in the war..we were so shocked when we woke up to find presents as high as the ceiling and you couldn't even see the tree, it was just awesome and my Mom turned on the tree lights..they sparkled through the wrapped presents. We laughed and cried, all of us...so excited, I can never forget this...my Uncle and Aunt showed up before we could open them. He or my Mom put our family of children with Fathers over seas on a list for gifts...the people we didn't even know at all..sent gifts from all over the US...and they were beautiful..I got my first pair of ice skates and a new winter coat that was not hammy downed from my sisters...LOL..I even got real boots to walk in snow..my Mom only could afford tennis shoes for us..but we all got boots for winter that year..we were beyond thankful. God bless all those people back then that did this for 10 children, my niece was included..We had to save all the addresses to write thank you notes to everyone ..on our winter break...God Bless all the kind people in this world, it made a more giving person of me. LOL If anyone said did you get this for Christmas..and I said yes...I would give it away if I didn't really need it..like I needed the dresses and all of the clothes, but some of the dolls I just didn't feel I needed so many dolls..so I divided them amongst all that asked me...

WOW that was a Special Christmas!!!

God bless to all

Patty

05/25/2012 04:42 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Anyone else have a memory (good one) from there childhood??

Come forth and don't be shy!! Patty

05/27/2012 10:30 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

These stories are so heartwarming and it sounds like we all adore our pets and remember our childhood pets.

Patty, that was such a wonderful Christmas story. My husband's family is a military family and they've gotten some nice perks in life, too. I'm not sure if it evens out for all the sacrifices, but it's encouraging to know that others care and are thankful for what our service people do.

I grew up on a farm so we had a lot of cats and a few dogs. There was one cat who was a gentle mother cat and she was my first kitty friend. I can't believe that she put up with me because I remember always trying to carry her around and it had to be uncomfortable for her because I more or less hung her tummy over my arm and walked around with her. I'm sure my hugs seemed more like a crushing feeling for her tiny body. I loved her so much. I was about 5 years old when I got to see her have a litter of kitties. I felt so sorry for her, but she seemed to feel those little balls of fur were worth all the pain.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved