MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 02:10 PM

where'd everybody go!

mem9113

How about this....how many of you have poured your heart and soul for years in to nothing but the wants and the needs into your children, they grow up move out have their own families and when momma gets sick and is lying in bed for 3 days who comes over to help her??? When Mom needs help who comes over???? NO ONE THATS WHO! Well no more spoiling adult children, I just had my 32 year old son send me a picture of a microphone he wanted for his birthday, it was 42.00 which isnt too bad after last years 150.00 guitar but I already decided I'm not doing that anymore and I got him a 25.00 giftcard to his favorite lunch place "subway" Smile Its my own fault everything has always been about my children but since I am a recent orphan losing my parents and siblings, I need to find something I enjoy doing when I'm not ill or even something I can do, a craft of some sort while i'm in bed? God bless my hubby who helps me so much on his days off and even when he comes home from work. imagesCA75KMDQ

04/16/2012 02:52 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Hi Adele, I can relate to what you're saying and some of us have been totally discarded by offspring.

This is not your fault and I hope you can accept that. If you spoiled them and this is how they are as adults, it's because that's the way they want to be. If it would've been the flip side and you'd have ignored them, put yourself first, spent your money on yourself, they'd have still turned out to be inconsiderate. No matter which way people raise their children, when they're adults their flaws are blamed on the parents.

Once they hit 18, they are responsible for their own actions and need to be held accountable. You are a good mother and always remember that!

04/16/2012 02:59 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Sad Adelle , I'm sorry your kids have treated you this way..I really dont understand why they feel you have to keep giving. After my mom passed away, believe me there was no Christmas anymore, Birthdays or any surprise gifts and we just accepted it. Didn't mean I loved my Dad any less over it..I loved him very much, but we always were very close, being my mom was an alcohulic ..he needed a lot of support. The smoking took her life though..COPD..but Kids forget when they grow up it sort of turns around and I took care of my Mom when she was ill..thankfully she quit drinking 8 years before she passed away....

I care...With HUGS!!

Patty

04/16/2012 05:22 PM
mem9113

thanks AngelaSmile

04/16/2012 05:23 PM
mem9113

Thanks PattySmile

04/16/2012 05:41 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Your welcome..wish I could make things easier for you!!..Hugs..Patty

sorry

04/16/2012 06:42 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

That must be so hard for you. I'm sorry. Even though we do what we feel is the best a mother will never know. Your right to slow down or even stop the giving.

04/17/2012 07:06 AM
mem9113

thanks again Patty, whatever this is can't last forever right? doc appt at 2pm. Thank you also Clap, always so sweet to meSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved