MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/08/2012 03:48 PM

I got Hurt..Fell 8 ft to a concrete Driveway...

Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

I went on my own to my sister's daughter's house for Easter. As I thought I should never of went, got hurt leaving. She has a long porch with stairs that are 3 ft apart. She is talking to me as I'm leaving watching where the steps are...well the last step is curved and goes downhill and you cant see it.

Yep, I did it..lost my footing and fell into these huge bushes..then rolled off them , more like flew off them...lol...on my left side hit fist the rolled down the driveway until I came to a halt..

Glad they were there to help me, I couldn't move..hit my head , arm and ribs....feel like crap

Easter wasn't worth that trip...hurting like hell.

But my sister gave me a belated B-Day gift..a pretty short zippered robe, in black. And then a beautiful blue sweater...so pretty to wear for Spring..its a zip up one....so I guess not all was bad..until I lick my wounds and heal..LOL..my nephew had to pick me up..I not able to move..the driveway is on a steep slant...He picked me up like ..so easy...must have lost some more weight...LOL,,....My sis is mad though because she said I look anemic , Have to wait for ins. or maybe go to the cheap clinic...and swallow my pride...hate getting hurt...

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

04/08/2012 03:52 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

AWWW Patty, heal quickly!

04/08/2012 03:55 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

So sorry for you dear, are you home? Love and Hugs CLAP

04/08/2012 04:24 PM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Oh no, Patty! So sorry you got hurt. Hope you heal quickly. GBHugs, Donna

04/08/2012 04:59 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Thank you...Yes I got home safely..shaky though...I'm so swelled up on my ribs on the left side...and my left arm really got it good..bruised and sore...

Thank you for caring....What a crazy day...

Love and hugs...I'm going to bed early...yea , think thats a good idea...LOL..I feel so stupid, but so many have fallen off that porch, they need to reconstruct it somehow...

Wish I had ins. My left side of head was hit hard and its tingling ...strange...

Happy Easter...

patty

Patty

04/09/2012 06:38 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Patty, Sounds like they need to change those steps some, that is so dangerous. Hope you're feeling better this morning. GBHugs, Donna

04/09/2012 07:22 AM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Thank you Donna

I wasn't able to sleep at all. Its 9am here, so I've been up for more that 30 hours. So now I took a pain pill and hope to try again. My back hurts very bad on the rt side...and my eyes are blurry because of no sleep at all..I'm a wreck..LOL..and its such a nice day outside..just my luck...LOL

Big HUGS

PattyErmm its 9:22 am now I meant to say...lol

Hope to be up in about 7 hours...and not be hurting so much. I like cold for swelling and pain...not hot or even warm...I feel dumb...LOL

Post edited by: Peace77, at: 04/09/2012 07:25 AM

04/09/2012 02:25 PM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Patty, So sorry you're in so much pain. You sure took a hard fall. Hope you get lots of rest. GBHugs, Donna

04/09/2012 08:32 PM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

Oh Patty, I'm sorry! I hope you can feel better soon!

04/10/2012 12:08 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Thank you

I'm still banged up..rest...rest ...rest...the bruised are starting to lighten up, I think my pride is hurt worse..LOL

HUGS!!!

Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved