MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/12/2012 10:32 AM

It sounded like a good idea

claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

My husband has played a guitar since he was 15. He learned to play with his brothers, no lessons. for a few years they had a band "Wichita falls" His brothers and one or two kids from the neighborhood had a great time doing this.

I have not seen his family for 8 years. (another story)Two weeks ago his brother called and said let's get the band back together. My husband has all the amps, microphones and the mixer board to play here. It would mean so much to him, so I encouraged it. This was Joe's Dream. After all was said and done, practice was held here yesterday, 3-7pm.

After ward Joe and I sat and re-hashed things that happened. He told his Brother not to park at the neighbors space for their boat. He did any way, and when Joe asked him to move he didn't. The neighbors came over and asked him to move. At the time he moved his car I said don't park in my spot either, go down to a certain place. He parked in my spot when I went to the store. I want to include I have a hard time walking with RA, so the closer the better.

There is another practice this weekend, great. I won't be here I have my dinner group. How much you want to bet he brings his wife that we have told him not to bring? I'm going to come home early. If she's here I'm calling the police.

I don't care if I'm home or not she is not welcome in my home. Ever.

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 03/12/2012 10:34 AM

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 03/12/2012 10:37 AM

03/12/2012 01:51 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Clap..I'm sorry things happened to work out that way. First your BIL being stubborn, then your neighbors to see it happen. I know that made you feel bad, anyone would have.

Maybe he wont bring his wife and I hope you told him not to again so he doesn't .

Does he know she is not aloud to be in your home? I think your husband should call him before he comes next week, just to make sure he knows. Then , you can have peace of mind when you come home from your function...

Caring Hugs

Patty

03/12/2012 04:50 PM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Clap, Hope she's not there this time. You don't deserve to go home and see her there when she's not supposed to be. GBHugs, Donna

03/12/2012 06:10 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

With the parking thing, I have went over to ask them to move one of their cars. They were and are nice to us.

This brother was being a real jerk, which is something I don't need now, but this brother is closer to Joe, he has two brothers. The other brother didn't say a word to me, which is ok.

This SIL not only went after me but her kids who are 4/5 yrs older were mean to my kids. They don't want to go to family things because of them. I'm ok with it. My boys are old enough to make up their own minds.

CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 03/12/2012 06:10 PM

03/12/2012 08:00 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Clap..same here with my husbands brothers wife...SIL from 15 years ago or, because we dont see each other at all anymore.

They were having a part at their house, a kids birthday party. My son was 2 1/2 at the time..I was at the sink helping out and turned around to check on my son...he was by the back door looking down a barrel shot gun..that was standing straight up. So you can imagine how young he was..I went and grabbed my son, my BIL and SIL came over..and my husband...I told him to put it away or were leaving ..he took me as serious as I was , he went for it, my SIL said NO they can leave , they wont ever teach him not to play with adult things...OH MY!!! I told my husband to take my son home, I had some talking to do...it was not talking...I never seen her after that...I hate guns!!! Mostly the ones that aren't locked up...scary...

patty

03/13/2012 01:05 AM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

I agree with you about the gun thing. I would never have one in the house, I'm lucky Joe feels the same way. Adult things should be put up. Adults should also do as requested since it wasn't to out of the ordinary.

03/18/2012 09:10 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Clap, did they get together again this weekend and if so, did everything go well?

It sounds like your brother-in-law is just daring you to speak up and is looking for a blow-up. Hopefully I'm wrong and this weekend went better.

As far as guns are concerned, we've known children who have killed with a gun and been killed with a gun and we haven't had one in our apartment for years. How would you teach a 2 1/2 year old to stay away from a gun and expect them to never forget it or to listen to you?

03/18/2012 12:03 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

Hi All, I wanted to get back to this and let you all know. Yes they had another band practice here. My husbands 2 brothers did come and the band is starting to get together with their sound. That's what my son's are saying as I was not here. I did go to the dinner group and had a great time. I even meant to get home early, but I wanted to show off my new car and took a drive with a girlfriend. To my surprise my Husband was not home when I got home. One brother and the old friend went to a pizzeria nearby to eat and talk about band stuff. My son's gave me the information when I arrived home. So I had to ask if My SIL came. All said no. Good, but I don't think it's the last I've heard of this

P.S. I'll have to stay home once to hear the band play CLAP

03/19/2012 06:18 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Clap, that all worked out well. I often dread things and everything turns out okay. For some reason I think I'll be more prepared if I picture the worst scenario. But like you said, you haven't heard the last of all this.

You got a new car? What kind and what color?

03/19/2012 08:57 PM
claphappy
claphappy  
VIP Member

My husband is so good about taking care of the cars. I got a 2012 Nissan Murano, burgundy with Stone (white) interior, 4 miles on it.

My last car was 7 years old and needed stuff before the inspection in April. He had been looking and after I told him what a mechanic said, he told me to go and look at the Murano.

I get kinda nervous thinking she would come here, the guys that are playing here she grew up with. I believe she thinks it would give her a "right" to be here.

CLAP

Post edited by: claphappy, at: 03/19/2012 08:58 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved