MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2012 01:04 AM

Expound Please---I Need Opinions

Talahi
Talahi  

Now that I have 'been around' a while and haven't been 'banned'--lol.

I have been banned a couple of times. You can guess why--if you've had the pleasure to read my posts. I do get 'carried away'. It is a 'problem'--writing 'helps'--but at times I go too far. If I tell you this is how I am in RL--well, you get the picture.

'Brianna'--daughter of Jamie and Claire, if you read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and meet 'Brianna'--then you will 'understand' me. I liked her, of course, most of the others did not. lol

I told Dianna that I knew I was Brianna and thanked her for explaining me--since few have ever 'understood'. She describes, Bree, as 'a tough nut to crack'---I understood her passion and outrage very, very well. My hair is reddish brown--and Bree's was a much brighter red--like her Dad's and she was very much like her Dad. Everybody 'loved' Jamie---and understood his very similar moods --sniff. Everybody--mostly female. Double standard? What is acceptable for a 'boy'--is unacceptable for a 'girl'. Diana was no fool----believe me---got that point across--to me, at least.

Brianna was born just after WW2--a Boomer---that is also 'Me'. Coincidence--believe in them--just believe in them.

You Go Girl, Diana Gabaldon.

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have the time or inclination--take a look at my Diary. 'The Saga of the Waving Girl'.

From what I have compiled so far--does anyone think I could 'write' something?

I think I could, can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am using this Diary to 'empty my head'--lol--it is like a wind tunnelin there at times and 'very crowded' on other occasions.

As much as 'some' would like to believe that I am 'bipolar'--I know better.

If I tell you that I have been 'evaluated', forensically--that should provide some insight into the 'dramatic' story I have to share.

A normal, happy, good girl--transformed into 'Casey Anthony', according to 'some'. If it 'happened' to me--it has happened to others.

I have an M.Ed, a couple of decades of experience working with children --all kinds of children. What I learned ---no one should be surprised that the educational system is in need of repair. It was a 'Team Effort'--School and Community and insanity from TPTB. The latter---I won't even dust off my soap box to provide clarification on the shortcomings--local, state and federal. I can tell you --that in many cases--it is not 'The TEACHERS'.

Sometimes it IS--'The Teachers'---some that are designated as The Best---are not really 'The BEST'.

chuckling to myself---I 'tried'---how 'LoserLike' does that sound?

I compare my experiences in teaching to that of a soldier, because yes, indeed --I served in a warzone, as hazardous as Iraq. jmo.

Not allowed to have a 'weapon'---just a red pen. For that sort of service---at least a 'pittance' for the effort made would have been 'nice'.

Instead--a 'dishonorable discharge'--a student didn't like her grade. Chose to lie.

Actually, if anyone has John Grisham's email or phone number---pass it along. He knows how to write suspense, already. I know he would be thrilled with this story. Laughing

~~~~~~

Seriously---I need a nudge. Tell me what you think.

~~~Talahi~~~

lol--an island near Savannah--and look at how cleverly I use the ~~~/waving. I thought of that by myself. Beaming with pride.

In the Outlander books---Jamie says to Claire--'What I tell ye 3 times is true.'

so I use 3~~~.

Read the Books---Diana Gabaldon, Outlander series. Visit her largest fan site online---'Lallybroch'--The Ladies of Lallybroch. The Best, Simply The Best--if you are in need of some 'fun' and stimulating conversation.

'The Hosers'---what a time we had. I am practically banned there, too. Sigh--it is an interesting story--like all the others. Laughing

Painful at the time and now I lol. I grew. And learned to 'rock and roll'---Judie, the owner's philosophy. I recommend it. I really do.

01/29/2012 02:16 AM
Talahi
Talahi  

This song means 'alot' to me----'Rise from the ashes'--the Phoenix is the symbol of Atlanta. Burned to the ground--over 'The Issues'---I know how it feels --I really do.

Born in the middle of the city---'The City Too Busy To Hate'--and it was alleged that I was 'predjudiced'---mmmhmmm--no way to disprove it. But, that is one thing that those who know me can verify is 'not true'. I like this song--a lot. ALW has always written 'my songs'. If you cannot 'know' God from traditional sources---then listen to ALW and 'others'. my suggestion. worked for me--when i was at the lowest point of my life to date. It could 'happen again'--I know---i know i won't 'like' it --but i won't waste any time getting over It.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48N1JXUo1Ik

01/29/2012 06:18 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Talahi, did you teach one of the arts like literature or music since you express yourself through words and songs and seem to love books?

You have me curious about your comment that "some" would think you are bi-polar. Does that mean you were diagnosed with it, but you feel it's the wrong diagnosis?

You're right about the educational system. It's far from perfect, but it's the best we have right now and all we can do is improve it as much as possible.

01/31/2012 12:24 PM
Talahi
Talahi  

Angela--I was certified to teach K-8; 6-8---Focus areas: Language Arts, Social Science and ESOL--English Speakers of Other Languages.

K-8 and 6-8---all curricular areas. Smile

'You are certified to do everything/anything we want.'

I was good at elementary 4/5/6 grade Lang Arts/Social Science---the bulk of my experience was in these areas. It wasn't a good match with the younger students. I had a BS in Early Childhood and obtained my Masters in Elementary.

what is swell is that the school BOE can 'overlook' things like 'experience' and if they had wanted ---could have said--'You can teach 8th grade Math or Science'--something I really cannot do. Then--if I declined the offer of employment--they were well protected. When Boortz says--'those teachers and their unions'--I feel my BP rising. I belonged to a professional organization--Union, according to Boortz---they do represent educators at the Golden Dome/GA---apparently not 'ferociously'--I think Boortz needs to be taken down a notch or two.

I live in Atlanta---Neal Boortz--The High Priest of the Painful Truth---radio personality--close friend of Sean Hannity's---Libertarian and the thorn in my side. (:

You cannot shut him up. Ignore him--never listen---that is what my doctor advised.

Oh--why I am 'bipolar'/wrongly diagnosed. A personality like Andrew Lloyd Webber's if he were a 'Southern Belle' living in Beyonce's world. lol--clear as mud. 'A Drama Queen/Diva' I suppose. Boortz and I do share one common denominator--'Moral Outrage'. He says he has a 'personality disorder so severe that there is no cure'---when I seem to behave this way--'oooooooooo 'bipolar'---it's great being a woman--it really is.

Teachers=Hillary, according to Boortz. A subversive group intent on undermining the fundamental beliefs upon which the nation was founded. mmmhmm. I would place a wager on that, 'Neal'. Why he is kept around---only 'Cox/Ruler of Communications in the ATL' knows. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--he brings home the bacon. Get it.lol.

02/05/2012 04:18 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Are you saying you were diagnosed with bipolar, but you feel the diagnosis is wrong? Are you taking any meds? What do you think is wrong, or do you feel that everything is okay?

I like your doctor's advice about ignoring them and not listening to them. It doesn't really matter what political beliefs you have, there are just some people who need to be ignored. They lie and get people all upset and constantly put down everything the people in the other party do, rather then try to work together and unite us. Their only goal is to have a huge crowd in the media, which in turn brings in sponsors, and lines their own pockets. If you find that listening to them or reading their materials upsets you, just turn channels as soon as you hear their voices. Politics can be a very volatile area and you don't want your serenity to be disturbed.

02/05/2012 05:49 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

I agree, Angela. I can't stand even talking about politics. It's ridiculous how those politicians act. I find another channel to watch, something I can enjoy, and not listen to all the bickering going on with politics. Not worth my time, that's for sure. Smile GBHugs, Donna

02/09/2012 05:13 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Donna, you're right. There are days that I do watch a lot of the news just out of morbid curiosity. Sometimes it's just really upsetting and my being upset doesn't change a single thing in the crazy world of politics.

02/11/2012 07:25 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

Angela, I get so tired of all the political bickering they do. To me it's like a bunch of kids fighting. lol I can think of a better way of entertainment. lol I do watch the news daily, don't know why I bother, but guess it's curiosity on what's on in the world. lol GBHugs, Donna

Post edited by: DonnaEvans77, at: 02/11/2012 07:29 AM

02/13/2012 02:25 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

My personal thoughts...Lets start all over...LOL

Peace...

Post edited by: Peace77, at: 02/13/2012 02:34 PM

02/14/2012 06:32 AM
DonnaEvans77
DonnaEvans77  
Group Leader

LOL That's the best idea yet!! Great idea, Peace! GBHugs, Donna

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved