MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/15/2011 05:33 PM

I have not been on here in awhile

darlenemomof2
darlenemomof2  

I am sorry I have not been out here for awhile. So much has happened my youngest son went into a lock down school as his behavior was such that he could not be in a regular school and then I lost my job as I could only work 3 hours a day having one son with regular school hours and my other with completely different hours. With the violent rages he would go into daycare was not an option. So there I was no job no relief in site. It got to the point where my son would destroy the house every night and started attacking his older brother not just me. Then as summer approached my ex said he would take a turn at trying to raise my youngest. So far so good he is happy he gets more attention as I have the oldest boy so his father can work with him, while I work with my oldest as he is autistic. I have went back to work and moved. My goal now is to finally get my oldest to learn how to read he is 9 and all my attention before was taken by my youngest. I still feel guilty that I could not accomplish everything I wanted with my youngest but I have him every other weekend and he has had only a couple of small outbreaks when he is over. It is nice to be back I did not have internet access for awhile and had to rely on using internet at friends and such but I have internet again and I am working my way back out of the hole unemployment can get you in.

08/15/2011 05:51 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi darlene, wow sounds like u had alot going, but you tryed ur best,so dont feel guilty,we are not superwomen and as long as were trying to make it beter thats all we can do. glad ur husband is helpin out thats a big help for u. just go slow everything will work out sooner or later. well nice to see ur on here and ur right the hole unemployment set us in, me to lost my job in oct, its rough out there, now im stage 4 copd with end emphysema cant breath most of the time but ok so ill b home now don what i can do to the best of my ability Smile) as ur teaching ur son to read, get word cards and numbers. work on one word at a time. my son couldnt read, a todor and a yr later it worked, he was in 1st grd. now in 9th reads like a champ.took alot of patience..... when i look back i wonder HOWWW THE HELL DID I MAKE IT THREW Smile))))

08/16/2011 08:06 AM
patty777

Hi Darlene

Glad your back with us!..Sounds like you are doing somewhat better taking control of your life.

I hate for my husband to be unemployed..he has a few interviews this week that show promise..I pray..

Many hugs

PattySmile

08/16/2011 10:31 AM
behindthemask

Hi Darlene.. I have 2 boys, my older one takes all my attention, my younger one fortunately has the gumption and motivation to take care of himself - he does well in school, where I am constantly getting calls for my older son,,, there's only so much of us to go around. I hope he gets more stable and you get some relief - I know how hard that can be... HUGS

08/17/2011 06:25 PM
darlenemomof2
darlenemomof2  

Thanks for the encouragement I feel a sense of hope that I have not allowed myself in a long time. I still have so many other things going on but I am trying my best and have found some sense of contentment in the present.

08/18/2011 06:34 AM
patty777

We are happy you found your way back Darlene..It is hard to do all on your own..

Hugs to you my friend

Patty

08/18/2011 06:38 AM
behindthemask

Keep posting Darlene - it helps to chat with others that know what your going thru. It feels safer to do that on here too... HUGS

08/18/2011 06:54 AM
shyeyes
shyeyesPosts: 568

Welcome back Darlene. It's nice to meet you. Sounds like you have had quite a bit going on. There is no need to feel guilty. It's a tough situation you were in with your sons. I'm sure you did all you can. I'm glad things are some better, and I look forward to chatting with you.

08/18/2011 11:18 AM
patty777

Darlene..Its so strange how autism is. My son is high functioning, but he could never write. But he could and does type at least 90 wpm so remember they always have different skills.

My son , now 24 ..he wants to write a book..nothing fictional..he wants it to be non-fictional..well I cant say what its about.

But I'm proud of him for putting his effort into something good

Hope this helps to know..your boy can learn, it takes a lot of work.

But if he is good on computers that is the best way to go.

They let my son use a computer to get his diploma..and he did!! Top 20 of his class..so proud of him because Special Ed does work if you make the system work for them to succeed.

Has he tried to play on your PC?? Thats when my son started at a young age..I was amazed..I still am..

Hugs

Patty

08/20/2011 06:26 AM
darlenemomof2
darlenemomof2  

Thanks for the information Patty. He does love the computer so there is an option there. I have been trying to get ready for the new school year he goes back on Monday. All fears are gathering up as they do each year. Will the other kids except him or tease him for his differences? Not to mention the stress of collecting school supplies from stores overflowing with clawing, snarling parents wanting to get the last pack of glue sticks, lol. Of course not to forget the haircut, new clothes and shoes that seems to be a ritual of back to school. I have been busy this week trying to accomplish these things still have a few things left to do.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved