MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2011 09:26 AM

New to this group

wjohnson
wjohnson  

Hello everyone I just heard about this group I grew up in a dysfunctional family. I did not know that my real mom was raped at age 16 and my father was forced to raise me. He was married at that time. My stepmom hated me my two half sisters do not know about any of this only me. I found all this out in 2003. I hope that I can relate to others and make friends also.

01/30/2011 09:45 AM
patty777

Hi Wendy

Welcome to the group, glad you joined. You have been through a lot with growing up with a family that was not healthy. Sometimes the cycle wants to repeat itself. So we are working on ways to help one another to get out of that same old cycle.

Hope we can help and support you, looking forward to your input as well

Welcome welcome6

01/30/2011 10:04 AM
wjohnson
wjohnson  

I have broken some but not sure all the cycle through. I never abused a child or animal so I know that I broke that one and I do not abuse alcohol anymore either. How I broke these two cycles I amm very educated and knowledgeable about abuse and alcohol. I went though AA speaker meetings only I take a day at a time to live every day I have been doing this for the past 17 years.

01/30/2011 10:09 AM
patty777

Wendy

That is great, I am so very proud of you!! Breaking the cycle takes a lot of courage. And You did it!!...So wow you can be free of those past issues, Feels great, it really does...I know I have been there myself...

Hugs

Patty

01/30/2011 12:00 PM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Wendy, we are all here for you and eachother. I need not look far for friends.

01/30/2011 06:10 PM
patty777

Abbey , you really have learned a lot. Mostly how people on the outside can't understand. If you know and been in there shoes, someday she will see her own inner strength. Thats whats important for her to understand. I hope and pray that will happen soon for her to save her from a unhappy life.

Many Prayers my friend,

Patty

01/30/2011 07:18 PM
wjohnson
wjohnson  

HI I too was in a relationship twice where I was a battered woman. I got out and getting out those two times was very scary for me but I did it I just hope when I make this move it will not be a scary one for me thime. I ask why do people abuse or control someone else and the answer has a few answer that question. The bottom line is noone deserves to be abused.

01/31/2011 10:40 AM
BrandieZ
BrandieZ  

I was in a relationship for 2 years where it ended up with me being on crutches, both my eyes swollen shut, nose broken and he locked me in a house with no electricity and would take my crutches with him so I could not get out. Thank God my sister came to find me and brought me to a shelter. I will tell you the truth that our relationship was based on drugs and alcohol. He was able to control me because he couldn't control his drug habit. This way he had some type of control in his life and it almost costed my own life.

Once in the shelter I did not leave for 4 months, I was so scared, they did put him in jail but I still could not leave the shelter......this was over 8 years ago and to this day I still fear him and look over my shoulder. I let him get away with the abuse for so long but felt as if I was nothing without him. NO MORE!!!!!

I have taken so many classes that I now know the warning signs and let me tell you that before I met my current boyfriend I could smell an abuser 1,000 miles away and refused to even talk to someone that even so much as gave me the hebby jeebbies!

Abbeyp I wish you luck with your grandaughter that she may one day be in control of herself and Wendy you are stronger than me to be able to break the cycle, I envy you and hope one day I can break the cycle too!

Brandie

01/31/2011 12:13 PM
wjohnson
wjohnson  

My last husband phtically, sexually and emotionallly abused me for 6 years and he was sober but he too controled him theating to kill me at knife point once and in front of police officers also. I ran I went to another state I came back to my state 2 years later My nightmare and fear of him ended in 2007. 2002-2004 I was in another my story could have been prevented but I broke the cycle of abuse by talking about by helping others it was not easy to break today if this abuser hits me once I can fight back and I know the law so I can say I hope that what happened tio me never happens to anyone else.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved