MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 09:20 AM

Hi!

BorderAngel
BorderAngel  

I'm new on MDJ. And I'm kinda introducing myself on all the groups I've joined and explaining why I have joined that regarding group. I have been diagnosed with both Bipolar Mood Disorder type 1 and Borderline Personality Disorder earlier this year. While I still have a big Self Injury problem and recovering from numerous addictions. I hope this is where I will get the needed support as in my real life I'm not. Only judgment.

04/16/2012 10:13 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You came to the right place, you will not be judged here. You will get comfort, help and support, We are here to help you deal w/ the issues in your life.What is your biggest problem at the moment.

04/16/2012 10:30 AM
BorderAngel
BorderAngel  

I actually don't have one big problem. What the problem is, is that I have A LOT of big problems. If that makes any sense.

04/16/2012 12:02 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes it makes sense, but if you look at the whole picture you will be overwhelmed and see no solution to the problems, you need to take each problem and make small changes, baby steps, you need to find out the root of all the problems, Is there one big problem that is causing all the other big problems, like having low self esteem and no confindence, feeling like you are worthless. You have to find a starting point in resloving all the problems. Are you in therapy, that would definitely help you see the whole picture.

No one will judge you here, you will just get caring support but I have a feeling that you are judging yourself harshly. Look at yourself, at your true self, not how people see you but how you see yourself. You can start there, write down what you see and feel, keeping a journal is helpful in getting feelings sorted out. I hope that helps you a little,

04/16/2012 01:59 PM
BorderAngel
BorderAngel  

Just reading this makes me feel so much better! Thanks and yes that does help! And yeah, I am receiving therapy (DBT) at the moment. Complicated but helpful stuff. I actually learned in DBT to live in the moment and take one thing at a time. I should just implement it! And yes I guess I do judge myself to much at time!

04/16/2012 02:18 PM
kball
kball  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am glad you found us BorderAngel. You will find people here don't judge,we only accept and support and give comfort to you. Through reading the posts you will maybe come across other people with the same problems as you and relate to them and their situations. Hopefully they will provide some answers to some issues that will help you. You sound like you are very hard on yourself,like not just implementing the dbt I know for a fact it is not that easy,I wished. It will take us some time to get use to going there(mindfulness). You said it right though ,taking one thing at a time.

Kris

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved