MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2012 06:01 PM

When does negative thoughts become depression?

kball
kball  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I read this article about this subject and I thought it would be a good topic to discuss. I know I have negative thoughts when I am in my illness. I know the more negative thoughts I have ,the worse I feel,usually anxious. I start having negative thoughts about myself,like noone wants me in their life,or I am a bother to my friends. I am not in depression most of these times,but I have to tell myself over and over again it is the illness so I don't act on these feelings. I suffer from paranoia when I get manic or anxious and have those types of negative thinking. When I am depressed I have other types of negative thinking. I am sad and don't think it matters if I get dressed or function,etc.

Would like to hear from you all on this.

Kris

04/16/2012 10:00 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

For the past month I have been so very sad, nothing interested me, had no motivation, I live in the country and a member told me to go outside and talk to a cow. Sounds funny, I didn't find a cow but did find a horse, getting out of the house had a great affect on my attitude and talking to the horse helped my sadness. I decided then and there that I will take a positive outlook, it took a few days, I would get up and think today will be a good day, I would set small goals for myself, At first it was hard but after a while I just got into what I was doing, no motivation required, If I would have waoted till I felt motivated it never would have been done, You just have to get up and do it, like dust your house, wash your floors, set small goals everyday to do one thing that is on your to do list, I am sure everryone has one, I have so many. So just pick one thing, maybe it will take you all week to do it but once you do it you will feel better and slowly start to feel positive. It doesn't happen overnight, you have to work on it everyday, set goals for yourself, make a chart, plan out your week, small things, and if you didn't do it today try tomorrow, just don't give up and live in your sadness. Fight it, it is worth the fight, to see the light.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved