MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2010 12:16 PM

Feeling Worthless

SandiJ
SandiJ  

I work and I work and I still can not find a permant position. I have been working in a long term assignment as a special education teacher for 2 years after having 15 years as a permanent substitue in a district. However, since I moved to be close to my family I cannot get a permanent position. It sucks! I feel as though I am a burden on everyone and I can't have a good relationship with anyone. I run my friends off because I am scared for them to get too close to me and then I start cycling and they do not understand me and take things too personally, so I guess I just do it so I can avoid the pain. I feel alone and I really feel like I have no one to turn too!!

Sandi

05/02/2010 12:18 PM
SandiJ
SandiJ  

Actually let me correct that. I have 15 years teaching experience as a permanent teacher.Sad

05/04/2010 01:27 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I'm sorry you feel so badly, Sandi. It is tough to move and get a new job and new friends and new everything. I do have a little bit of a personal experience in seeing my son go through being long term substitute teacher but never getting that permanent position. This last one he was basically promised that he would get it but it still hasn't materialized. So, he does the work of a permanent teacher and gets paid less, has no job security, no benefits, no retirement plan (of course he's not thinking of retirement yet). But I know what you're going through. This year is almost over, maybe next year will be better to you and you'll find something. Hang in there. You are definitely not worthless.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved