MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/27/2009 02:07 PM

roll call for the week of 8/27-9/3

Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

who's here and what up? Today was a busy day for me. We helped my daughter move and man was that alot of work and we really aren't even done yet. We have a birthday picnic Sunday for my husband and grandson which I hate to say I am not looking forward to. It was my stepdaughters idea so I think she should get off her lazy ass and make the picnic happen. She always makes me do everything. Well thats because I let her but not anymore. I am too exhausted to deal with everything. Anyway now that I got that off my chest I am better able to hear from all of you. So tell me, whats up?

08/28/2009 10:15 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have a nice quiet weekend coming up and hope to catch up with all my chores. I always say that and end up saying, oh I need a day off, and things pile up, but that's what my plans are.

On our last roll call xplicitkontent wrote in the last entry that she is reading the "Angry Heart", is that by Joseph SantoroPH.D, I have read that book and now refer to it often, I especially like doing the exercises. The first time I read it was several years ago, and now I do the exercises over and they come out different. than from the first time, That's because we change, our circumstances change. Its an excellent book to read. How do you like it, some of the exercises can be difficult, but it sure makes you think. Who told you to read this book So how are you feeling. I see that you are still going back and forth on your decision. We are here to support you in whatever decision you make. I am always here for you if you want to send me a PM.

so now we need Markm to come and give us his few words of wisdom

08/28/2009 02:58 PM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

anamore, What is the book about (Angry Heart)? From what I gather it might do me some good to read it. Its finally Friday and am I glad. This last week was so busy with my husband being on vacation and us running back and forth to the hospital to see the new baby. I think we can relax a little this weekend. I might not be on so much depends on what happens. We are having a party here on Sunday so might not be on at all that day. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

08/28/2009 04:06 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The Angry Heart by Joseph Santoro PH.d and exercises by Ronald Cohen PH.d Its a self help book to overcoming addictive and borerline disorders, Its to help addictive behavior and self destructive impulses, At the end of each chapter is a exercise to do, they really make you think, even after doing it again years later

Weekends are usually quiet, have fun at your party, hope the weather is nice

Post edited by: anamore, at: 08/28/2009 04:07 PM

08/29/2009 06:17 AM
markm
markmPosts: 722

HI,im working and working and working and also......working Laughing

08/29/2009 07:36 AM
Struggling77
Struggling77Posts: 70

I'm...uhh...here! Every day seems like all others to me now. I stay at home and take care of my daughter while my wife works. My wife gets off at 1:30pm today, though, so maybe we'll do something different tonight, but considering our financial situation I somehow doubt that. By the way...HI EVERYONE! I'm Steve, and I'm a refugee from the panic attacks group. I've been dealing with panic disorder for the last 6 years, and most likely the panic disorder is a direct result of drug abuse when I was younger. Maybe the drug abuse was a result of something else? Tongue Doesn't matter...I'M AN ADDICT, and I'm here.

08/29/2009 09:44 AM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Steve, I'm glad you are here! I hope you get to do something different tonight. There are things you can do that don't cost any money, like going to the park, going fishing, any kind of outdoor sport like rollerblading. I hope you have a nice evening.

jenn

08/29/2009 11:39 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

I think when I get some extra money I will pick up the book. My only real addiction is food and I do not have borderline but I still think it could be helpful to me. Well here it is Saturday and its been raining all day. I hope tomorrows better. If not I will call everyone in the morning and cancel it. Anyway its my daughter who is throwing the party and she hasn't done one thing to make it happen. If she is waiting for me to do it shes got another thing coming. Its her idea not mine and I can't afford a big party right now. She is lazy and she makes me very angry.

08/29/2009 11:56 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Hi Steve!! Welcome to the group!! I have had panic attacks myself quite a few of them actually. Over time I learned to recognize when one is coming on and most often I can talk myself down. I know that isn't possible for most people. I do take ativan for my anxiety.

08/29/2009 11:57 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Glad you are here. Stop by when you get the chance. We miss you when you aren't around.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved