MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 05:05 AM

How are you feeling today

anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

well its the 1st weekend of the summer season, especially where I am, in a country tourist town. there will be more traffic in town. I just want this weekend to be over with.

So I started this post so that the members can check in daily, weekly to tell us how they are feeling, your post can be only one word, just describe your feelings.

I am feeling sad.

05/25/2012 07:11 PM
odiebob

im feeling fine. working on getting another job. why you sad

05/26/2012 12:12 AM
loli

numb

05/26/2012 08:55 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sad because the reality, my reality I am all alone, live alone, I have my family, my bf but they all have their own lives, I need to move from this isolated mountain top and begin to live again. Its too lonely here, just waiting for parent's property to sell so I can move? I need to live again, I am alone too much of the time.

05/26/2012 12:31 PM
kball
kball  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ana don't be sad,honey. You are not alone. You have 831 people with you all the time,as you are in our hearts day and night. Sometimes I get lonely and thin I am lonely and then when my friends or boyfriend want me to do something ,I just want to be alone with my cat and do nothing or not be with any people. Can you spend more time with your boyfriend? You can change this you know without moving. Tell him you want more time with him. Are there support groups in your town? What about NA? That is a good place to meet people. When you can you will move but you have to do something till then so you are not so sad. I don't want you to go into depression. ,Maybe you can volunteer,I do and am with people 2 nights a week. Then once a week I do something socially with friends. So the weekends are mine and I enjoy them alone.

Know that we love you and you are in my thoughts often.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Kris

05/26/2012 04:58 PM
odiebob

ok loli how come you numb ?

annamore, i know that feeling. i been alone along time. it took me along time to just get out and do what you might like to do. sometimes you have to force yourself but .. you will find that its not as bad as you thought. its time to GET OUT. remember that horse ? well expand your horizons lol. make a life for you.

05/27/2012 12:08 AM
loli

Oh Odiebob...just life sometimes seems to give me more than I can handle. Some times I no longer feel the pain, sadness, anger, frustration....or anything. My internet was down for over a week, it took me a while to read thru all the past postings, it was overwhelming, so many sad stories. And to top it all of, my son started using again. Got into a big argument w/my husband to the point we had to call the cops...now he is in jail for a past warrant he never took care of. And the vicious circle keeps turning...do we take him back & keep enabling him until something worse happens?..like he ODs or a family tragedy happens...or do we kick him out again & he might end up worse than now and ODs any way and who knows what else...I guess I kind of know the answer...but things are easier said than done. Ana, I feel you, sometimes one can feel so lonley even if surrounded by people, but we have to keep going....despite of everything I refuse to give up.

05/27/2012 06:28 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Loli, that is the key, don't give up, keep fighting until you can see hope, a light at them end of the tunnel. Its a hard road but don't give up. You know what needs to be done and posting it here will make is more of a reality. So keep posting your fustrations, we are here to hold your hand. I just got a little confused who is in jail, your son or husband. If its your son maybe they can send him to a rehab or somewhere where he can get the help he so desperately needs.

Kris and odiebob, thanks for your support. Yes I do remember the horse, eventhough I live in a very small town there are things I can do, there is an AA at the church here, went several times. I just have to expand my horisons and go visit the horse and start living again.

Today I am looking forward to what the day will bring, feeling positive, thanks to all you members that are always there for my whinning......

05/27/2012 11:53 AM
odiebob

i guess, im a little different. when i first quit drinking, i planned, i knew what i was going to do and with what money. i kept track of things. that is common. its getting in touch with what really is in your life. when something bothered me, if i couldnt cure it ... i didnt deal with it. just like any friends that drink... i dont care if they do, i wont be around them when they are.

i understand somethings are easier said than done. however ... you have to decide what is in YOUR best interest.

as time has gone on, i put up with less and less. stupidity that is. im an up front, blunt and straight to the point person. im sure in my life that has held me back from things. but in the end ... its my happiness that matters. im not selfish, but i have to be dependent for me ... and when things come in my way ... if they are not fixable or changeable ... either i adapt or i get rid of it. there are many things in life that u can base those ideas on. ppl, issues, things ..etc.

i believe that if you are being brought down by something or someone ... there IS ALWAYS A WAY OUT. and it doesnt have to be a risky way out either.

05/28/2012 08:29 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I feel like I am settling for the life I have instead of changing it, why? because change is fearful... I freeze up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved