MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/17/2011 02:58 PM

Having Goals

anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have learned that working toward a goal really helps us achieve things and feel good about ourself once the goal is reached. It doesn't have to be a big goal, start w/ little things, only as much as you believe you can achieve.

I would like to know some of the members goals for tomorrow or for the week. Share this with us, it will push you in the direction of schieving the goal

I will start, my goal for tomorrow is to eat breakfast, I usually skip it and then feel sick all day. I don't feel hunger in the morning, but my Dr told me that I have to eat breakfast, if I am hungry or not, so tomorrow my goal in to improve my health and well being,

Would other members want to share their goal

10/17/2011 04:21 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

good idea....i mine will an shall be to go salmon fishing...wich i bought tag for but havent went out an with that ill take anouther 24 hours.

10/19/2011 07:13 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Well I did have breakfast so met that goal but had bad news concerning the tenents at mom's place, they still haven't paid the rent. So I was stressed out for the rest of day and my eating habits made my abdominal pain worse. Oh how do people handle stress, w/o turing to drugs, alcohol or food.

I have to find a healthy was to handle stress, this year has been the worst ever, too many deaths in family, too much damage to homes from bad weather and just too many problems to deal w.

So anyway my goal today is to pay all my bills, I am late in paying them.

So does anyone have any goals for today

10/21/2011 06:09 PM
greeneyemommy

My goal is to not put all my energy into my addicted son ..I have to halp myself ..& he needs to find a way to stay clean ...

10/22/2011 08:21 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Respect yourself, Believe in yourself, Love yourself, Be true to yourself, Your well being comes first. If we do all that then hopefully we will have the strength to deal w/ life, Trish you have given your son so much support, there is a time he needs to take responsibilities for his action. Be there and love him but remember if you are not good to yourself, you will not be able to be their for him or anyone else. So put all your energy into yourself today, take a hot bubble bath, go shopping or just anything that makes you happy and at peace

Post edited by: anamore, at: 10/22/2011 08:22 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved